Chapter 38

Matt's POV

I was nervous, I don't know why, it was Adrienne for god sake, and then when I walked in and saw her, I was speechless. She looked amazing.

We went to dinner, which was nice. I'd always been comfortable around Adrienne, so talking to her was easy.

After dinner I suggested a walk on the beach and I was glad that she agreed. I wanted to talk to her, no tell her that I liked her, actually I think I liked her alot, and tell her again how sorry I was for everything I'd done to her, I was still ashamed, and now looking at her, I felt even worse. Why had I not seen how amazing she was before?

I couldn't put into words what I wanted to say to her, and she was standing there looking at me, waiting.

Now I felt awkward, I didn't know what to do so I reached out and pulled her to me, she smiled at me, she was beautiful when she smiled. I reached up and touched her face, I'd made the decision I was going to kiss her again.

"Matt, I need to ask you something?" She whispered.

"And what is that?"

I wasn't prepared for what came out of her mouth.

"Are you doing this to make Amber jealous?"

What the fuck. Where had that come from?

I stepped back, looking at her. Did she honestly think I was trying to make Amber jealous?

It's your own fault, I thought, you can't blame her.

And it was my fault.

"Why would you say that?" I said.

I wanted to punch myself in the face, I sounded snappy, I should have just kept my mouth shut.

She opened her mouth, then shut it again, looking at me.

I was a fucking idiot. I needed to say something.

"I'm sorry." She said quickly.

She turned around and started walking away.

Fuck.

"Adrienne, wait." I said.

Fuck, now she wasn't going to stop.

I walked after her, grabbing her arm. "Don't walk away."

She looked at me. "I just thought......"

"What? What did you think?" Fuck, I sounded snappy again.

"It doesn't matter." She started to pull her arm away.

Fuck Matt, you need to fix this now.

I threw my shoes on the ground and pulled her to me again. This was it, I was going to do it. I put one arm around her waist, pulling her in close and I slid my other hand on the back oh her neck, pulling her lips too mine.

I brushed my lips across hers and looked at her. She was standing there with her eye's closed. I took that as good sign.

I put my lips back to hers, kissing her softly. God, it was fantastic, I had this crazy feeling in my stomach which got even crazier when her lips responded to mine.

"Does that answer your question?" I whispered against her lips.

"I think so." She murmured.

"You only think so?" I said kissing her again.

I heard her drop her shoes, she reached up and put her arms around my neck. This was a good sign, a very good sign.

We stood there kissing for awhile. I honestly lost all concept of time, kissing her had an effect on me.

I pulled back and looked at her again. "Now?"

She nodded and smiled shyly.

"Good." I kissed her again, I couldn't help it, I was beginning to think I couldn't stop.

I didn't want to.