Chapter 53

God I was so tired, but boy I was looking forward too tonight.

I'd worked everyday for the last six days, including three double shifts that I took to help one of the girls out, so tonight I was looking forward to relaxing with Matt. I hadn't seen him all week but he'd promised me that tonight we would just lay around, maybe watch a movie, relax. I needed it.

I pulled up at Matt's and my mood went from bad to worse. Everyone was obviously here.

I thought Matt and I were spending tonight by ourselves? We never seemed to be alone.

I got out of the car and went to the door, letting myself in. Yes Matt had given me a key to his place and in return he had a key to mine.

I threw my bag down. I could hear everyone out the back so that's where I headed.

I got to the back door and looked.

Everyone was here. They were laying around the pool, they were in the pool. They were here. I was pissed.

I looked for Matt and what I saw made my mood a thousand times worth.

He was sitting there rubbing sunscreen on Ambers back. Yeah that's right Amber. It seems I'd never be rid of that bitch.

I was so tired, I was so angry and now I was so done. She could have him.

I walked back to my bag and grabbed my keys. I slid the key off the ring and walked outside.

"Adrienne." Amelia greeted me.

I smiled at her and headed to Matt.

He looked up at me and smiled.

HE SMILED. THAT PRICK HAD THE HIDE TO SMILE AT ME.

I leant down and put my lips to his ear.

"Bye." I whispered, pressing the key into his hand.

"Wait. What?" He said.

I didn't stick around to listen, I just headed straight for the door.

I walked inside, grabbed my bag and made a beeline for the front door.

"Adrienne." Matt snapped. "What are you doing?"

"I'm done. You said we'd get tonight alone, I can see you invited everyone over so go back out there."

"Don't be stupid."

"You know what Matt go back to Amber. She can have you."

"Adrienne." He snapped.

I ignored him and walked down the path.

"Fine." He called. "I prefer Amber. She's more fun than you obviously."

That hurt, that hurt alot and I felt a tear run down my cheek as I got in my car.

I didn't look back, I just drove off.

How could he do this? He knew I wanted to spend time with him. He knew I'd been working hard. He knew I was tired. Yet this was what I'd arrived to. He obviously didn't care about me, at all.

I headed for home. I was tired and now I was devastated.

I wiped at my face, I just wanted to crawl into bed.

I reached over into my bag, I wanted a tissue. That was all I wanted.

Finally I found the tissue.

I however, did not see the redlight.