Chapter 50

Matt's POV 

I wasn't quite sure what happened, we had a nice dinner and I had attempted to tell her how I felt and she suddenly started acting odd. I wasn't sure what I'd done.

We went to the club and I hung with the guys, not sure what to say to Adrienne.

We'd been talking for awhile amongst ourselves, ignoring the girls who were hanging around trying to hit on us when Jim suddenly got a strange look on his face.

"What the fuck?" He said loudly.

I followed his gaze over to Adrienne and Becca, who were sitting at a table being fussed over by two stupid looking idiots.

I was fucking confused, what the hell was going on?

"I don't know about you Matt but I'm not letting some dick hit on my woman."

Fuck, I didn't want some dick hitting on my woman either, but was she my woman?

"Matt?" Jim said looking at me like I was stupid.

"Yeah, I'm with you." I did not want another guy within miles of Adrienne and seeing one leaning over towards her really pissed me off.

Jim started towards them and I followed.

As we approached I saw that guy reach out and touch her, now I was really fucking pissed.

"Ladies." Jim said loudly as we got to the table.

Adrienne looked at me. What the fuck did I do? I wasn't sure, I thought she liked me, but what if she didn't, what if she was interested in this guy?

"Jim." Becca smirked.

"Um, Adrienne, can I talk to you?" I blurted out.

"She's busy." Dick face piped up.

Thank god Adrienne stood up.

"She has time for her boyfriend dick wad." Jimmy snapped.

Oh shit. I grabbed Adrienne's hand and headed for the door, Jim was pissed and I felt a little sorry for those guys.

We got outside and I turned to her. I must have had a look on my face.

"I'm sorry Matt, that was Becca's idea, I guess she was a little angry at Jim or something." Adrienne gushed.

"No, I mean it's fine." What the fuck was I trying to say. "I mean if you want to hang with him."

Her face dropped and she looked down. "Okay."

No, not okay.

"No, it's not okay Adrienne, not at all." I said quickly. "Let's go talk, I need to say something."

"You can say it here." She said.

I looked around, it was a little crowded and busy, I'd prefer not too but as I looked at Adrienne I realised that she wasn't going anywhere.

"Look, I prefer that you not hook up with other guys." I said it quickly.

"I wasn't hooking up." She snapped.

"Oh fuck Adrienne I'm trying to tell you that I want to be the only guy your interested in." I sounded stupid.

She giggled. "Silly Matt, you are the only guy I'm interested in."

"I am?"

"Yes, I just didn't know about us." She said.

I looked at her, I'd thought I'd made it perfectly clear but I guessed not.

"Look." I said pulling her into my arms and putting my lips to her ear. "This sounds stupid but I kind of thought maybe I was your boyfriend."

"I kind of hoped maybe you were too." She murmured.

"Well that settles it, I am."

"Good." She said smiling. "Now can we leave?"

"Yes please."

We headed back to the resort, my arm around her, I couldn't help but smile, now we were officially together.