Chapter 41

Amelia's POV

Adrienne looked happy, I was glad for her, but jealous at the same time.

It was obvious Matt liked her, you could tell by the way he kept looking over at her, it was kind of sweet.

I wanted something like that, a guy who looked at me like that, who held my hand anytime or kissed me when he felt like it, I didn't want to be someones secret, the other woman.

I blinked back tears, trying not to think about it. I was done with Zack, no more, I'd ignored him and his texts and there was no way I was meeting him up on the roof at midnight.

I glanced at my watch, midnight was in ten minutes to be exact and there was no way I was going up there.

I glanced around, Zack was gone, I guessed up to the roof. Argh what a fucking mess. I don't even know how this had started, we just ended up in bed together and I hated myself for it.

"I think I'll go to bed." Tori said, standing up.

Poor Tori, she was so nice to me and how do I repay her, I fuck her man.

Oh god I was making myself feel sick.

"Amelia, are you okay?" Adrienne asked.

Adrienne and Matt knew about Zack and I but they'd never told a soul, I kind of wished they had.

"I don't feel so good." I really didn't. "I might go to bed."

Adrienne looked concerned. "You do look pale."

Yeah, I bet I did.

I said my goodnights and headed inside to the elevator. As I stepped in I had all intentions of hitting my floor number, but I didn't, I pushed the roof button and as the elevator ascended I felt tears running down my cheeks. I had to tell him no more, to leave me alone.

I took a deep breath as the doors opened and stepped out. Zack was standing there.

"Babe, I'm sorry I hate this." He told me, pulling me into his arms.

I let him, no, I had to stop this. "I don't want to be the other woman Zack, I won't be."

"I don't want you to be, I'll fix this." He said kissing me. "I love you."

He what? "You do?"

"I really do Amelia." He whispered.

I leant my head on his chest, how was this fair?

"I don't know that I can do it Zack."

He tightened his arms around me. "I need you to do it, I need you."

This was never meant to happen, I was never meant to fall for him.

"Amelia listen to me, I don't want to be with Tori, I want to be with you, your all I think about, all day and all night."

I started crying again. "How long do you expect me to wait Zack? Weeks, months?"

"What? No." He kissed the top of my head. "I don't want you to wait."

"But I have to." I pulled away from him. I just couldn't do this.

"Amelia please."

I looked at him, he was breaking my heart. I shook my head.

"Fine." He said.

Fine, that was it?

"I won't hurt you anymore." He pressed the elevator button.

I didn't want him to go, it hurt, but I knew it was for the best.

I nodded and wiped tears off my face.

"It's fine." I sobbed.

He pulled me to him and kissed me again. "I'm telling her now Amelia, I'm going to the room and I'm telling her."

I was shocked.

"I'm sick of hiding, I love you."

The doors pinged and opened.

"I'll come to your room." He said, pulling me inside the elevator.

We rode down in silence.

When the doors opened Zack squeezed my hand.

"See you soon." He murmured.

I watched him walk towards his room.

Would I see him soon?