Chapter 73

I fought to get out of the black fog. Out of the dark. I felt like something was trying to keep me there and it was terrifying. Finally I saw light ahead and it kept getting brighter.
The first thing I noticed when I opened my eye's was there was something stuck down my throat and I tried to get it out but someone was holding my hands.
Suddenly faces appeared in front of me, they were talking, all talking at once and suddenly whatever was stuck in my throat was gone.
"Adrienne."
I looked at the person who said it. I'd never seen her in my life.
"Adrienne, relax. We'll get you comfortable okay?"
I don't know what they were doing but I was poked, pushed and pulled until finally an ice chip was shoved in my mouth.
"Suck it slowly. I'm going to sit you up a bit."
I felt the head of my bed start to rise and I could finally look around. So many strange faces but one that I recognised.
Matt.
He took my hand and squeezed it and I grabbed hold of his, tightly.
"We'll leave you in peace, just press the call button if you need anything."
And suddenly it was just Matt and me.
"Ice chip?" He asked, holding a cup up.
I nodded and he put one into my mouth. I closed my eye's and sucked on it slowly, my throat was so sore and dry.
"How do you feel?"
"Sore." I whispered.
He went silent and I opened my eye's and looked at him.
"You scared the fuck out of me." He suddenly cried. "Please don't do that again."
"I'm sorry." I whispered.
"Oh fuck, don't be sorry Adrienne." He said.
I looked at him. I didn't know what to say.
"You seriously scared me. I'm not lying Adrienne."
"I scared myself."
I wished he'd stop standing there looking at me, I just wanted him to hold me.
"You know I didn't mean it." He told me, taking a step closer, placing the cup down and taking my hand in both of his.
"I know."
"It's you." He whispered.
"What?" I was confused.
"It's you." He leant down and kissed my forehead. "It's you I love baby."
"Good." I whispered, and fuck, I was crying.
"Does it hurt, what hurts?" He asked. I could see the concern on his face and tiredness, he looked so tired.
"Everything hurts." I told him, and that wasn't a lie. "But can you hurry up and kiss me."
He smiled at me. "I guess I can do that."
I closed my eye's as he kissed me softly, it felt so good.
"I missed you." He whispered.
"I missed you."
He kissed me again.
"Your never leaving my sight again Adrienne, okay?"
I looked at him and nodded.
I didn't want to leave his sight again. Ever.