Chapter 2

We walked in, trying to appear as though we belonged there when clearly we didn't.

I spotted Mark, sitting by himself of course and he waved at us.

"I see him." Amelia said, before I could say anything.

We walked over and greeted him with hugs, we didn't catch up with Mark as often as we should but at least we could still count on eachother being there.

"Let me get you ladies a drink." He said, walking off.

"We'll just sit here awkwardly." Amelia sung out laughing.

I sat down next to her and looked around. We definitely didn't belong here anymore, we had nothing in common with any of these people.

"I don't think I'll stay long." I told Amelia, she nodded in agreement.

I went back to looking around and I saw the guys, each standing around talking to someone, and as predicted, they had no idea we were even here.

I looked at Johnny, he was being stupid as usual, I never had alot to do with him at school but as we'd gotten older he'd become my friend, someone who always managed to make people laugh, and maybe the only one of the guys I actually still spoke too.

Next was Zack, he was standing with Jimmy, and I smiled to myself thinking about the things they got up to, the things they probably still got up to, only I wasn't included anymore.

I looked at Brian, I guess I'd miss him most, we use to spend the most time together away from the group, well actually it use to be the three of us, Matt included, but our friendship had spiraled down, to the point that we didn't speak to eachother anymore, or if we did, it was usually him telling me to leave them alone.

Just the thought of that made me angry, I tried not to, I'd already wasted too much time and energy on him and his girlfriend. For some reason she didn't like me, never had, so she tells Matt horrible stories of things I'd apparently done to her, honestly, I barely spoke to her, but what hurt the most was the fact that Matt always believed her, he never listened to what I had to say and now whenever he said something to me I'd just nod my head in agreement. Actually all the girlfriends didn't like us much, I guess we were a link to a past that they weren't part of.

"Stop thinking." Amelia told me as we watched Mark come back with our drinks.

"I'm just wondering what horrible thing I will have done this time."

"Look Adrienne, I've told you before, if he's going to be like that they deserve eachother."

I nodded. "Your right, it's time for me to move on from this bullshit, I don't need them anymore."

"Exactly, just remember, don't move on without me." She said.

"Or me." Mark added.

I hugged them. "Of course not, you two are what friends are meant to be."

"Adrienne, can we speak?"

I looked up to see Matt standing there. Here we go again.