Chapter 34

I'd hardly slept all night, I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss, so by the time morning came I was exhausted.

I headed down to breakfast, it was fine at first, that was until Matt arrived. He looked so awkward, I felt bad for him, I wanted to tell him it was okay, let's just forget about it, but I couldn't, because I couldn't forget about it, it was all I could think about.

Everyone decided to go to the beach, I personally wanted to go bed but I tagged along to avoid being questioned.

Matt was obviously avoiding me and it bothered me to see him walking with Amber, maybe he realised he really wanted her?

God, I needed to stop thinking, stop thinking about Matt, stop thinking about that stupid kiss, otherwise the other's would start noticing.

We arrived at the beach and everyone went in for a swim, well everyone but Matt, which made it even more obvious he was avoiding me. I swam til I was freezing but I didn't want to get out because Matt was sitting by himself and I didn't want to appear as though I was annoying him.

What a fucking mess, I thought standing on the edge of the water.

"Hey feel like a walk?" Becca asked, walking over to me.

A walk might warm me up. "Sure."

We started walking down the beach, Becca was collecting shells so she stopped every now and then to pick one up.

"Are you okay?" She asked me suddenly.

"Yeah I'm fine." I lied, fine my ass.

We walked along in silence a little way when Becca stopped and looked at me.

"Matt told me." She said quickly.

HE WHAT? "Told you what?"

"About the kiss Adrienne, I know you know exactly what I'm talking about it."

"Oh that." I said putting on a false smile. "It was nothing, I would hardly call it a kiss."

"Matt feels bad about it."

I knew that, but hearing someone else say it was like being kicked in the stomach.

"Well tell him not to be silly, it's fine." I felt tears in my eyes and I quickly pretended to look down the beach so Becca wouldn't see.

"Why don't you tell him yourself." Becca said.

I wasn't sure if she was asking a question or making a statement.

"Of course I'll tell him when we have a moment." Liar. That was a complete lie.

"Okay." Becca said, she started walking again. "What was it like?"

"What?"

"The kiss stupid." She said, looking at me like I was an idiot.

"Oh, I dunno." I said shrugging.

"You dunno?" She looked at me incredulously.

"I mean it was quick, but okay I guess."

She smiled and nodded.

Okay! Okay! Who the hell was I kidding, it was fabulous and fantastic and the nicest thing I'd ever felt in my life, it just sucked that he didn't mean it.