Chapter 22

"Adrienne, huury up already." Mark called out.

Oh god. I looked in the mirror one last time.

"You look fab." Amelia said, grabbing my hand. "Now let's go."

It was day 2 and we were heading out for dinner. We'd spent today doing exactly what we'd done yesterday, just hanging out by the pool.

Oh and I also spent the day being glared at and insulted by Amber, which was why I was feeling incredibly self conscious at this point.

We walked out, Mark and Matt were waiting for us so we could go downstairs and meet the other's at the bar.

"About time." Mark said, heading for the door.

We caught the lift down, I felt unsettled, I wasn't having as much fun as I'd hoped I would, Amber was making sure of that.

Brian, Meg, Jimmy and Becca were already there so we got a drink and sat down and joined them. Johnny and Layla joined us, then Zack and Tori.

It was nice, we all sat there talking and laughing, that was until Amber made her entrance.

She flounced in, looking like a million dollars. She pulled a chair over and put it between me and Matt.

"Could you get me a drink please?" She asked Matt sweetly.

I was disappointed to see he obliged and headed up to the bar.

"So are you getting changed before we go?" She said turning to me.

I really wished I could think of something witty to say back, but I just couldn't.

"No, I'm wearing this."

She looked horrified. "God, no wonder Matt said you embarrass him."

Matt said that?

"Well I'll be sure to stay away from him."

"You had better." She snapped.

Matt came back, handing Amber her drink.

I needed to move, I was uncomfortable sitting here with them and I was beginning to feel sick.

I stood up and everyone looked at me.

"I forgot something in my room." I grabbed my bag and headed to the elevator, I pressed the button and waited.

"Your not running away?" Becca asked as the doors opened.

"What? No, I'll be back in a minute." I said stepping inside.

"I'll tag along." She said stepping in too.

We rode up to the floor and we walked to the room. I let us in.

"I'll only be a minute." I told Becca, heading into my bedroom.

I opened a drawer, I only wanted to make noise so it sounded like I was looking for something.

"Adrienne."

I turned around and Becca was standing at the door.

"What did she say?"

"It doesn't matter." I said shutting the drawer.

"It mattered enough that you left, I know you weren't going to come back, don't tell me you were."

I shrugged, what could I say.

"Let's go." She said.

I followed her to the door.

"Adrienne." She said turning around. "You know she's jealous of you right and you know Matt is dying of embarrassment because of the things she says to you?"

I shook my head, no I didn't know.

We headed back to the elevator, just before the door opened Becca turned towards me.

"Matt's pretty devastated Adrienne, for everything that's happened, so please don't blame him for her behaviour."

"I would never do that."

"Good, now you look fucking gorgeous, so fuck Amber that jealous twat, let's go have some fun."

She hooked her arm through mine and we headed back to the other's.

All I could think about was Amber and wondering why the hell she was jealous of me.