Chapter 71

Matt's POV 

"How is she?" I asked Amelia as I walked back into Adrienne's room.

"Still the same."

I stood there looking at her, she was in my spot, holding Adrienne's hand. I wanted to be the one holding her hand.

"Oh congratulations." I told her.

She blushed. "Thanks Matt."

I hugged her briefly, glad to see she'd let go of Adrienne.

I maneuvered myself next to Adrienne, taking her hand and kissing her forehead.

"Oh excuse me." A nurse said, poking her head in the door. "The doctor would like to have a word with you all."

"Can he come in here?" I asked.

She shook her head.

Fuck. I didn't want to leave Adrienne by herself and I guess the nurse sensed it.

"It's only for a minute."

I agreed and the three of us followed her to a room where the Doctor was sitting.

"So, we're thinking of bringing Adrienne out of her sedation. She's stable and I think she's ready."

"Wake her up?" I asked.

"Yes, well, it might take some time, but yes essentially start waking her up and see how she copes with it."

"Okay." I looked at Zack and Amelia.

Amelia smiled. "It's a good thing Matt."

"Just be aware when she comes around she may be agitated. Call us when it starts." He explained.

"Agitated?" I asked.

"Yes, the first thing she'll probably do is grab at the tube down her throat, just call us, we'll come and take it out." He stood up. "Let's go."

We headed towards her room.

"How long will it take?" I wanted it to be quick.

"I can't give you a time, an hour, twelve, I just don't know."

We entered the room and he went and started playing around with all the machines then he smiled and left.

I retook my position next to her bed, taking her hand again.

"I might call the other's, let them know." Zack said.

I nodded, that was fine, I was just going to sit here, now I wasn't moving for anything.

Amelia pulled a chair over next to me. We didn't talk, we were both lost in our own thoughts.

I was thinking about what I'd said to Zack. I was going to propose to Adrienne, I just needed to think of a way to do it. I wanted it to be special, very special and as soon as she was able to leave the hospital I was moving her in with me too. I meant it when I'd said I never wanted to be away from her, there was no way I was ever letting her out of my sight again.