Chapter 12

Brian's POV

"So has anyone heard from Adrienne?" I asked.

We were at my house, bumming around, doing a whole lot of nothing.

"She won't answer." Matt said.

"Same, but I've spoken to Amelia." Zack told us.

"She was serious when she said she was done with us." I directed this at Matt, I know he had alot to do with it.

"I dunno, I just think she's having some issues, maybe she just needs time." Jim told us.

Maybe he was right, but I couldn't help but think we were the issue.

"It's shit and I feel like shit." It was shit and it really made me feel like shit.

"Maybe we could do something?" Zack suggested.

"Such as?" I asked.

He shrugged. I looked at Matt, he was pretty quiet and I got the feeling that he felt bad about the whole thing.

"Why don't we have a night like we used too? Just hang at someone's house, just us, no girlfriend's." Jim suggested.

"Yeah that actually sounds like a good idea, we haven't done that for so long."

Matt nodded. "But will Adrienne come?"

"Oh I'll get Amelia to convince her." Zack told us.

"Good, Matt your house, friday night?"

"Yeah, that's fine."

"Amber can't be there." I told him.

"Yeah I get it Brian, she won't be." He seemed a little snappy whenever someone mentioned Amber lately.

"I'll call Amelia now." Zack said leaving the room.

"Are you okay?" I asked Matt, he just looked miserable these days.

He opened his mouth and then shut it again.

"I'm serious Matt, what is wrong?"

"It's fine, I'll sort it."

Sort what? I wish he'd tell me.

"Amelia said her and Mark will get her there on Friday." Zack said, walking back in.

"I hope they do." I really did.

Matt's phone rang and he looked at it, I could tell by the look on his face he didn't want to take the call.

But he did, it was Amber, and imagine he went running off to her straight after.

"I'm worried about him too." I told the others, once he'd left.

"He'll be fine, I dunno what's going on with him but he'll sort it." Jim said.

I really wish I knew exactly what was going and I genuinely hoped he sorted it, preferably by Friday.