Chapter 17

"Your coming Adrienne." Amelia said.

I glared at her. Cabo, she wanted me to go to Cabo, because everyone was going to Cabo.

"Maybe I don't want to go." Of course I wanted to, who wouldn't.

"Are you serious?" She looked at me strangely.

"No I'm not but it's going to be like a couples thing Amelia, kind of awkward for us undateables."

"Don't be silly, it'll be fun."

Yeah fun and Amber were just not two words I would use together.

"Hmmmm I don't know. Besides I probably can't get time off on such short notice."

"Adrienne you are full of shit."

Lucky her phone chose that moment to ring because I was about to let her have it.

I stood there listening to her chatter on, she wasn't saying much besides aha and okay and finally she hung up.

"We need to go bikini shopping." She grabbed her bag.

"No we don't, I told you I'm not going."

"Too late, everything's booked, we leave on Monday." She snapped walking to the door.

"What?" Was she serious, in 3 days?

"Yeah it's booked, oh and Brian sweet talked your boss into giving you time off so no excuses." She smiled at me.

I wanted to slap that smile off her face. "You can't make me." Geez, now I sounded like a kid.

"Grow up Adrienne, your going." She shoved my bag at me. "Now lets go shopping because we might just meet the men of our dreams on this vacation."

"I don't want to meet the man of my dreams."

"For christ sake shut up and lets go." She was pissed.

I followed her to her car and we didn't talk while she drove to the mall.

"Look it'll be fun." She told me as we headed inside. "Besides your sharing a room with me."

I gave up arguing, it was apparent I was going to Cabo whether I wanted too or not.

We spent the afternoon shopping, where I spent way to much money on dresses and bikinis, I mean I would never wear this many bikinis.

"One for everyday Adrienne, the guys will be tripping over themselves yo get to you."

Yes, I thought looking around, look at them all falling at my feet.

Be positive, I told myself, you never know, you need a vacation and maybe just maybe I will meet the man of my dreams.