Chapter 72

Matt's POV 

"Anything?" Amelia asked, walking in.

I shook my head.

"It's been hours Matt, what if something is wrong."

I didn't need to hear that, I was doing enough worrying all by myself.

"The Doctor said it could take a while." Zack, the voice of reason.

Amelia sighed. "I guess."

I would just sit here and wait patiently until she woke up.

"You should eat." Zack addressed me.

I shook my head.

"Matt, you really should." Amelia added.

"When Adrienne wakes up I'll have a three course meal, until then I'm not moving." I told them.

They didn't try to persuade me, they just took up their positions bedside with me.

So we sat there, not moving, not talking, just waiting. And waiting. And waiting.

"Go and get the doctor." I eventually said to Amelia.

She immediately stood up. "Yes."

"Somethings not right."

"I think your overreacting." Zack said.

"Fine." I snapped. "But I'd rather the doctor tell me that than you."

"Okay okay." He said. "Come on."

I watched him take Amelia's hand and they left.

I put Adrienne's hand to my lips and kissed it. I leant over, kissing her cheek, then putting my lips next to her ear.

"Adrienne, I know you can hear me." I whispered. "It's time to wake up now. Enough is enough."

I pressed my forehead to hers and closed my eye's. I just wanted her to wake up.

I swear I felt her squeeze my hand and I pulled back to look at her. She still looked asleep, but there it was again. She definitely squeezed my hand.

"Adrienne, open your eyes." I told her.

She gripped my hand tighter.

"Open them baby."

Suddenly her hand flew up to her face and she started grabbing at the tube. I grabbed her hand and pressed the buzzer on the wall.

God she was strong. I stood there waiting, holding her hands while she fought against me.

"It's okay." I whispered.

As the doctor and nurses came in I stepped back and smiled.

Finally, she was awake.