Chapter 36

A date, I thought smiling to myself, oh my god a date.

Amber was standing there awkwardly but looking super pissed and Becca ran past screaming madly whilst being chased by Jimmy, but I hardly noticed because Matt had asked me on a date.

"Let's go back." Matt said quietly, putting me down.

We started walking back towards the other's, I was walking beside Matt, Amber was walking behind us, I could feel her glaring at me but I didn't care, I was too busy thinking about what I would wear.

"Let's head back, I prefer the pool." Meg told us when we got back to the other's.

So everyone packed up and we headed back. I was walking with Amelia when Becca dropped back to walk with us.

"You two looked like you were having fun." She said, winking at me.

"He asked me to dinner." I blurted.

Both Becca and Amelia gaped at me.

"You said yes, tell me you said yes." Becca said.

"Of course I said yes."

"Oh thank god." Amelia laughed.

We chatted the rest of the way, mainly about my impending date and what I could wear.

We got back to the resort and made ourselves comfortable around the pool, getting drinks and having some lunch.

I layed on a sun lounge, pretending to sunbake, but I was watching Matt. I had my sunglasses on watching him, he was sitting on the edge of the pool with Brian, they were talking and having a beer.

I'd never noticed how good looking he was before, I mean I knew he was good looking but now it was like I was seeing him in a whole new different light.

He had the nicest smile, and his body, well. I looked at his body now and imagined running my hands over his chest. Oh shit, where had that thought come from? I  blushed just thinking about it.

"Are you perving?" Becca asked, sitting on the longue next to me.

"Of course not."

She laughed. "It's not like that." She said mimicking me.

"Shush, I don't even know what it is."

"Exciting is what it is. Now lets swim."

I followed her to the pool and we got in.

"So Amber seems a little pissed." Becca said.

I shrugged, I couldn't give a shit about Amber.

"So, let's go back over the conversation we had this morning."

I looked at her, I wasn't sure what she was talking.

"The kiss Adrienne, now tell me what you really thought."

Oh. I smiled. "It was very nice."

"Very nice?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I wasn't expecting it."

"I understand."

I wasn't expecting it, I was to shocked to totally appreciate it.

"Maybe tonight hmmm, there'll be more." She nudged me.

"Maybe." I hoped so.

The afternoon was spent in the pool, everyone talking fooling around and I was feeling great, that was until Amber came over to me.

"You know what." She said sitting down. "I'm really sorry your caught up in this. "

"What?" I had no idea what she was talking about.

"Me and Matt. I'm sorry he dragged you into this."

"I'm not sure what you mean?" I asked her.

"Obviously he's using you to make me jealous."

I looked at her.

"So, sorry Adrienne, just don't let your feelings be hurt when he comes back to me."

I watched her strut away. I couldn't believe she'd said that.

But what if she was right, what if Matt was using me?