Chapter 65

Amelia's POV 

The first thing I realised when I woke up was that Matt was gone, I presumed he'd gone to the hospital but I couldn't help but worry about him, he really was a mess.

"Call him, please." I asked Zack.

He grabbed his mobile and called him. I stood there watching him.

"Voice mail. We can go home, get changed and head up the hospital."

I agreed and we headed to Zacks. I kept alot of my stuff there so we showered quickly and headed to the hospital.

"I feel sick." I told Zack as we walked into the hospital.

He opened his mouth to reply, but before he could say anything I had to run madly to the toilet where I threw up.

I would like to say that all of this stress was making me sick, all of the worry for Adrienne and Matt, but it wasn't. I'd been sick for a few weeks now and four days ago I took a pregnancy test, it had been positive. I'd planned on telling Zack but then all of this happened and now I just needed to find the right time. I was scared, I had no idea how he was going to react. The only person who knew was Adrienne and she'd been so happy. She'd rambled on about how she wanted three kids and oh god I wished I'd listened to what she said because now she was laying in that bed and she might never have children, she might never get her happy ending.

I looked in the mirror and realised I was crying, crying for my best friend. I don't know what I'd do if she didn't make it, I really didn't.

I washed my face and walked back out to Zack.

"Babe." He said softly, pulling me into his arms.

That made me cry again and I buried my face in his chest.

"I keep thinking about all the things she'll miss out on." I sobbed.

"Amelia, it'll be okay."

"She wants babies." Oh god now I was bawling.

"Of course she does." He said, consoling me.

"Zack I'm pregnant." I blurted.

"I know." He whispered.

"You do?" I pulled back to look at him.

"Yes babe I do, it's pretty obvious."

"I'm sorry." I cried, wiping at my face.

"Don't be, I'm not." He kissed my forehead.

"Really?"

He nodded and kissed me lightly. "Let's go up."

He kept his arm around me and guided me to the elevator. We stood there waiting.

"How did you know?" I asked while we waited.

"Amelia I've listened to you throw up every other day plus you've been horny as all fuck." He grinned.

I rolled my eye's at him.

"You have."

Maybe, I thought as we stepped inside the elevator.

"How do you feel?" I asked him quietly.

"Pretty damn pleased with myself." He said kissing my cheek.

I smiled at him. I was relieved, he looked genuinely pleased and I was glad because the thought of having his baby made me so happy, I couldn't think of anyone else I'd want to do this with.

The doors opened and we stepped out. I felt a little lighter on my feet, a little happier and I smiled as Zack took my hand and led me down the hall. I smiled all the way and I was still smiling when I glanced into the waiting room.

I stopped.

What I saw took my smile away.

"No." I cried. "No."

Matt had his head in his lap and he raised his head and looked at me. The look on his face terrified me and I felt my legs collapse from under me.

"No." I cried again.

Matt sat there, crying and shaking his head.