Chapter 63

Matt's POV 

I didn't think I'd sleep but I must have. I opened my eye's and it was light outside.

I glanced at the clock, it was early, very early but I wouldn't be going back to sleep any time soon.

I rolled onto my back and stared at the ceiling, thinking. I wanted to get up go the hospital but I didn't think they'd appreciate me showing up at this time of morning. I just wanted to go and sit with her, be with her. I hated leaving her, she was so vulnerable and I should be there.

This whole thing was my fault, if I hadn't said what I did maybe she wouldn't have left.

I groaned and put my arm across my eye's. She'll  probably blame me for this mess, not that I blamed her, and honestly she could blame me all she wants, as long as she doesn't die.

I got up and had another shower. I felt like I had a hangover and needed to clear my head. I went into the kitchen, I couldn't remember the last time I'd actually had something to eat.

I saw a bag on the bench and realised that Zack and Amelia must be in one of the other rooms, I understood, I was pretty much a mess last night but today I felt better, clear headed, I needed to be strong, Adrienne needed me to be strong.

I made some toast and shoved it down my throat. Fuck it, I was going to the hospital now.

I grabbed my shit and left, at least I had shoes on this time. I drove to the hospital and made my way up to the floor. Surprisingly the nurses didn't appear shocked at the sight of me.

"How is she?" I asked.

One of the nurses got up and walked towards Adrienne's room with me.

"She's stable now. We had a few up's and downs through the night." She explained.

"What?"

She took a deep breath. "Her body's been through alot, we lost her twice, but like I said she's stable now."

Oh god, while I was sleeping Adrienne was fighting for her life. What kind of a boyfriend was I?

"Can I sit with her?"

"Of course you can."

"Can I stay with her?" I didn't want to leave her.

She nodded and opened the door.

I looked in. She didn't look any different from last night.

"There's a chair there." The nurse told me, turning and leaving.

I grabbed the chair and pulled it over. I leant over and kissed her forehead before sitting down. I took hold of her hand and looked at her. I hated seeing her like this, it was horrible, laying here, attached to machines.

"Good morning baby." I said quietly.

Maybe she could hear me, and if she could I wanted her to know I was here.

"I'm just going to sit here and wait until you wake up." I said, picking up her hand. I layed it against my cheek, closing my eye's. "So don't take long, the nurses will get pissed off at me."

I got comfortable, I meant it, I was going anywhere no matter how long it took.

I kissed her hand and looked at her. I hoped she woke up soon.

I needed her.