Chapter 14

Brian's POV

Things were going better than I expected, Adrienne actually seemed to be having fun and she was even sort of talking to Matt.

Everyone was in the pool dicking around, I was sitting on the step with Mark, Johnny and Jimmy were trying to drown eachother and Amelia and Adrienne were on Zack and Matt's shoulders trying to wrestle.

"I'm starving." Jim announced.

Mark and I ordered pizzas and sat down with a beer.

"I knew this is what she needed."

"Yeah, she seems more relaxed." Mark said.

She was, we ate, it was good, everything was like it should be, well it was until Amber came marching out the back.

Well shit, I thought I'd told Matt that she shouldn't be here.

She glared at me then looked around. Her face said it all when she spotted Matt, sitting and talking with Adrienne.

I couldn't believe it, Amber was actually jealous, she was completely and totally jealous and at this point in time it was written all over her face.

"Matthew." She snapped.

Everybody looked at her, thinking the same thing, 'why are you here?'

Matt got up and walked over to her, hissing something and dragging her inside.

The mood had suddenly plummeted.

"Why is she here?" Amelia asked, sitting next to me.

"I have no idea."

I looked over at Adrienne, she looked pretty pissed off but I can't say I blamed her.

"Argh." Amelia groaned.

"Amber is jealous of Adrienne." I whispered.

"What? Why the hell for?"

I shrugged. "Maybe she thinks Adrienne and Matt, you know."

Amelia laughed. "That's ridiculous."

I thought exactly the same thing, we'd been friends for years and I couldn't imagine where Amber would get an idea like this from.

"Well she's ruined the night." I said watching Adrienne stand up and start gathering her stuff, of course she was going to go home, I wished she wouldn't but I didn't blame her.

"I'm going." She said to me and Amelia. "It's okay, I'll walk."

"Are you sure?" I asked, I didn't really want her to leave and I really didn't want her walking home alone.

"Yeah, I'll see you later."

We sat there and watched her walk inside. I hoped she didn't run into Amber in there.

Matt came back out, through the side gate, looking incredibly pissed.

"I told her to leave." He told me, looking around.

"Yeah Adrienne left."

"Fuck." He said turning around and going back inside.

I looked at Amelia and shrugged. Maybe he'd catch her.