Chapter 70

Zack's POV 

Things were so intense. From the moment Amelia had told me Adrienne had been in accident I felt like we hadn't stopped.

I was trying to keep everyone calm. I was worried about Amelia, she was so stressed and I worried about her, especially considering she was pregnant.

I smiled, I was absolutely over the moon that she was pregnant. She thought I didn't know but I'd worked it out myself about a week ago, before she'd taken the test and she'd seemed surprised when I told her I already knew.

She rested her head on my shoulder. We were still in the waiting room, Matt was in with Adrienne.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Just tired." She sighed. "And I'd really like to see her."

I knew she was dying to see Adrienne but Matt was in there and he wouldn't leave her side. I'd never seen Matt so upset before, but now he was so intense, insisting that he not leave her side. My main concern at the moment was if Adrienne died, Matt was so upset at losing her but now, suddenly he was so sure that she was going to be okay. I really hoped nothing went wrong.

"Matt needs a break, I'll go see him." I said, kissing the top of her head. "You can sit with her."

"Thanks."

I stood up and made my way down the corridor to Adrienne's room. I opened the door quietly and looked in. Matt was sitting there holding her hand.

"Hey." I said quietly.

Matt looked over at me. "Hey."

"How is she?"

"Good. Fine."

"Let's get something to eat." I told him.

"Nah, I'm okay."

"Matt, your coming. Amelia will sit with her."

"I don't want to leave her." He said softly.

"It won't be for long."

He nodded and stood up, following me out.

Amelia went into Adrienne and we made our way to the cafeteria.

We got something to eat and sat down.

"How are you doing?" I asked Matt.

"Okay."

At least he was eating.

"So guess what?"

He looked at me and shrugged.

"Amelia's pregnant." I told him.

I was relieved to see him smile. "Congratulations man, that's great."

"Yeah, it is."

He went back to his food. "You know she's going to be okay."

"I hope so Matt." God I really hoped so.

"It's weird, I just feel like everything's going to be okay."

"That's good."

Suddenly he put his drink down and looked at me. "Fuck Zack. She's it, she's the one."

"The one what?"

"I'm going to ask her to marry me." He said quietly.

Oh, that one.

"That's great, I mean everyone loves Adrienne, I can see why you'd want to marry her."

"Yeah, this has put everything into perspective and I realised I love her." He looked at me. "Really love her. I just hope she feels the same."

"I don't think you have to worry about that, the way she looks at you, it's pretty obvious she feels the same."

He smiled and nodded. "Yeah your right."

Of course I was right. Those two belonged together, it was just a shame it had taken them both so long to get their shit together.

I couldn't wait to tell Amelia. She'd be as happy as me.

Two of our best friends were getting married, to eachother.

I hoped Adrienne would say yes, because, I thought, looking at Matt, we were screwed if she didn't.