Chapter 21

Matt's POV

I was so close to losing my shit it wasn't funny. We'd been here a few hours and already Amber was going out of her way to make people uncomfortable.

"So Matt." Brian said swimming over to me. "What's going on?"

What's going on, he wanted to know what was going on, wasn't it obvious?

"Fucking shit."

He nodded at me. "Matt for fuck sake, what happened?"

"Which part Brian, the Amber has ruined my life part or the Amber is going out of her way to make Adrienne's life miserable part." I looked over at Adrienne, she was laying down, sunbaking, talking to Becca.

"Um, all of it."

"Look, I can't think about it let alone talk about it." I told him, swimming to the edge and hoisting myself out.

I walked to the bar and ordered another drink.

"Seriously Matt, what is going on?"

Fuck, now he was stalking me.

I took a drink of my beer and looked at him. "I'm embarrassed and fucking ashamed."

"Matt, what the fuck for?"

God where do I begin.

"Brian I let that women dictate my life, I listened to her." I took another drink. "She told me horrible stuff about Adrienne."

"Yeah, I know that."

"No Brian, you don't know, I fucking believed her and I fucking abused Adrienne for it and I feel like shit for it." I hated myself.

"Aww Matt, Adrienne's forgiven you, move on."

"Maybe I could if Amber still wasn't doing the same shit." I cringed thinking about.

"What do you mean? What happened earlier?"

"She came over, told me we needed to talk then told Adrienne to stop throwing herself at me that she looked pathetic."

I could still see the look on Adrienne's face, she had been horrified and disgusted.

"Yeah I figured something like that happened." Brian told me. "I just hope she doesn't do it the whole time, I mean Adrienne will only take so much."

I knew that, and I knew she'd taken plenty from me.

"Hey move over, I want a drink."

I turned around to Adrienne's smiling face. "I'll get it. What do you want?"

"Just a beer."

I handed it to her.

"I might go back in, wanna come?" She asked both me and Brian.

"Sure." I said following her.

As I dived in I realised what was bothering me the most about the whole thing, the look of disgust on Adrienne's face. Was the the thought of me that disgusting to her?

I could only blame myself.