Chapter 16

Matt's POV

I opened the door and let Brian and Meg in, he raised his eyebrows at me as if to say 'What's this about?'.

I looked at him and shrugged, I had no fucking idea.

Amber had organised a dinner party, without asking me, because she thought it would be fun. Real fun.

I followed Brian into the dining room where the other's were, of course Adrienne, Amelia and Mark weren't invited, there is noway she'd invite them.

Everyone was sitting down, drinking and eating, of course Amber had hired someone to cook, as if she'd get off her ass and do anything.

"Matt." She snapped.

I looked at her. "What?"

"Becca is talking to you."

I looked over at Becca and she raised her eyebrows at me, it seems everyone was raising their eyebrows at me tonight, well except Amber, her forehead was so full of botox her eyebrows didn't move.

"I said Matthew, that maybe we should all go on a holiday." Becca said.

Why the hell was she asking me? But I had to admit it sounded like a great idea.

"Where?" I asked.

"Mexico." Jimmy suggested.

That sounded pretty nice to be honest, just laying around doing nothing.

"Mexico would be fabulous." Amber said, smiling widely.

I looked at her, I realised I didn't want her to come, I realised that I actually couldn't stand the sight of her.

"Yeah it would." I said.

"Well." Becca said. "Let's organise it."

"Yeah, count us in." Brian said.

"We need dates so the other's can organise time off." Zack piped up.

"What other's?" Amber asked.

I looked at her. "Adrienne, Amelia and Mark."

"What, what for? They're not coming."

I opened my mouth, I'd had enough of her shit.

Becca beat me to it. "Why not?"

She looked a little shocked. "You know why Becca."

"Well no I don't."

Amber glanced around quickly, we were all looking at her, waiting for her explanation. "Look, I just thought it could be a couples thing you know."

"The more the merrier." Jim said.

I sat there, I couldn't listen to anything she said anymore, she made me angry. I really didn't know what her problem with the other's was and worse, I couldn't believe I had almost let her ruin my friendship with Adrienne, I was the idiot for listening to her lies.

I didn't care what Amber or anyone said, if we were going on vacation Adrienne was coming with me, I meant us. Oh and Amelia and Mark too.