Chapter 33

Matt's POV

You fucking idiot, I thought to myself, watching Adrienne virtually run away from me. What had I been thinking, kissing her.

I swam to the edge and climbed out, grabbing my towel. Fuck. I was such an idiot. Adrienne had only just started talking to me again, trusting me again, being relaxed around me again and I had just completely ruined it by kissing her.

I went up to my room, got changed and layed in bed, I couldn't sleep, I was too busy being angry at myself. I shouldn't have done it, but for a few seconds I swore she wanted me too.

I didn't sleep much at all, so I got up early and went for a walk, I had to apologise to Adrienne, I really didn't want her to stop talking to me again. I walked for awhile, thinking, and when I got back to the hotel I headed in for breakfast.

Fuck, Jim, Becca, Brian and Adrienne were sitting there.

"Morning." I said walking over and sitting down.

"Hey." Becca said.

I smiled at Adrienne, she gave me a brief smile and went back to her breakfast. Fucking great.

Eventually everyone else came down and joined us, including Amber, who was as usual, full of herself.

"Let's go to the beach today." Brian suggested.

Everyone agreed, a day at the beach would be good.

We all went back to our rooms and agreed to meet downstairs in half an hour.

I was standing in our living area, listening, I could hear Adrienne and Amelia talking, only I couldn't hear exactly what they were saying.

"Dude are you eavesdropping?" Mark asked, walking out.

"What, no." Of course I was.

He gave me a look as if to say, bullshit, yes you were. "You ready?"

I nodded and headed for the door, Mark went into the girls room, I was going to follow but I didn't want Adrienne to feel uncomfortable so I used the front door and headed downstairs. Jim and Becca were waiting.

"You look tired Matt." Becca told me.

Tired wasn't the word. "Yeah."

"Are you okay?" She asked.

Maybe I should talk to her about it, I mean Becca would know what to do.

"Can we talk later?"

"Sure." She said smiling.

Everyone else came down and we started walking over to the beach.

"Hi." Amber said walking next to me and reaching out to grab my hand.

Did this woman not get it? I ignored her.

Everyone put there stuff on the sand and headed into the water, I layed out my towel and watched.

Amber was posing as usual, the guys were dicking around and Adrienne was.......argh I needed to stop.

"So what's up? Are you okay?" Becca asked, sitting next to me.

Where the fuck had she come from? "No, not really."

"What's up buttercup?"

I smiled, Becca always had a way to make anyone laugh. "It's Adrienne."

"Adrienne? I thought it was about Amber." She said. "So what about Rie?"

I groaned. "I kissed her."

"Oh my god, you did?" She appeared excited by it.

"Yes, unfortunately Adrienne didn't appreciate it."

Becca looked out at everyone. "What makes you think that?"

"Ah the fact that she ran away."

"I see."

"I don't want her to hate me, we've only just started talking again, I don't want her to be uncomfortable." I really didn't.

"I'll talk to her if you like." Becca suggested.

I agreed, I had no idea if it would do any good anyway because for most of the morning Adrienne was going out of her way to avoid me.

Just great.