Chapter 59

Amelia's POV 

Matt came into the waiting room we'd all been ushered into. He looked a little better, a little calmer.

"I told her." He whispered to me.

I was glad he'd been given the opportunity, once I'd explained it to the nurses they were only too willing to help.

"Is she okay?"

I looked up. Amber was standing there and I swear to god she looked smug.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Matt growled.

I grabbed his arm. I was afraid he might get up and do something to her.

"Amber, you shouldn't be here." Zack said.

"Why not?"

That was it. I stood up, grabbing her arm and guiding her out through the front doors of the hospital.

"Amber, now is not the time."

"I'm concerned." She said.

This girl was the biggest bitch I'd ever met.

"Concerned Amber, really?"

"Yes, I mean it's just horrible." She said.

That was it, I lost my temper.

"Go away." I hissed, taking a step closer to her. "Your not wanted here."

"Listen up Amelia." She snapped. "Matt belongs to me. All's fair in love and war."

She must have sensed my anger because she started walking off.

She stopped and turned around. "I'd be lying if I said I hope she's okay. I hope she dies."

If we weren't in the hospital grounds I would have ripped her face off right then and there, but she'd keep. Just wait until I tell Becca and Meg.

I had to calm down before I went back inside, I didn't want to upset Matt again, he was pretty vulnerable now without hearing that Amber wanted his girlfriend dead.

"Hey." Zack said walking out. "Where'd she go?"

"She left, but not before saying some horrible things."

I burst into tears and Zack pulled me into his arms.

"She'll be okay." He whispered.

"She has to be."

We stayed there until I'd calmed down a bit, then we headed back inside.

We entered the room and nobody had moved.

"She's gone." I told Matt softly, resuming my position next to him.

He was sitting there with his face in his hands.

Now began the waiting game, the surgery could take hours.

'Her outlook is very poor'. The doctors words echoed in my ears, and I sat there silently praying.

Matt looked at me and I reached out, rubbing his back.

Jesus please don't let her die, I prayed silently, for Matt's sake, for all of our sakes.