Chapter 13

"I'm not going." I told Amelia.

It was Friday evening and her and Mark had called in to pick me up because apparently we were going to hang out at Matt's place. I don't think so.

"Come on Adrienne, it's gonna be like old times, just us hanging out." Amelia whined at me.

"But at Matt's place, I mean really."

"Yes, now get your bag, it's not negotiable." She snapped.

I grabbed my bag, Amelia never gets pissed off, so I was shocked that she was.

Mark drove us to Matts house and as we pulled up out the front I felt sick.

"Are you okay?" Mark asked.

I didn't answer him, I just walked to the door. I thought I could at least count on these two but obviously not.

The front door flew open and Brian stood there.

"I'm glad you came." He said hugging me.

I didn't hug him back or reply. I headed inside, looking around, I swear if Amber was here I was walking straight back home.

"Out back." Brian said putting his arm around my shoulder.

We started heading out, but Brian pulled me up before we got there.

He waited until Amelia and Mark had gone out the back. "You know I'm sorry Rie, sorry that you felt you weren't my friend anymore."

What could I say to that?

"I guess we all took you for granted and I am sorry, so please forgive us." Oh god he was begging.

"I'll think about it." I told him, but of course I was going to forgive him, it was Brian at his sweetest. "But Matt has no chance." That I meant.

"I understand." He said, keeping his arm around my shoulder and leading me outside.

Jimmy and Johnny were in the pool, Zack was talking to Amelia and Matt was laying on one of the sun lounges.

"Hey." He said, smiling at me.

I ignored him and went and sat down.

"Come in." Jim called.

"Later." I told him.

"Beer?" Brian asked.

I shook my head, noway could I even look at alcohol at the moment, the thought of it still made me feel nauseated.

Suddenly Matt stood up, grabbed me and put me over his shoulder.

"Don't you dare." I said.

He never answered, he just threw me in pool.

I came up spluttering, if he wanted to be friends with me again, he was certainly going the wrong way about it.