Chapter 31

Matt's POV

We sat there talking and drinking while all the girls went off to get showered and changed. I was considering going up to see Adrienne, I wanted to see if she was okay, I was about to go up when her, Amelia and Becca appeared.

They walked over and sat at their own table.

"What's that about?" Brian asked me.

I shrugged, I had no idea.

Adrienne looked tired, but to me she also looked sad and I had that urge to go to her again, and say what? I had no idea, I just wanted to go over.

"Um dude, your staring." Brian whispered.

"What, no I'm not."

"I don't blame you, that dress." He waggled his eyebrows at me.

Well yes, I'd noticed the dress too and I opened my mouth to reply but Becca walked over.

"We're sitting there because frankly we've all had enough of Amber." She said to Jim, but we all heard.

Speaking of Amber, here she came, walking like she was in a fashion show, like she owned the place.

She walked over to me, leant down and whispered in my ear. "I'm ready to talk now baby."

I stood up, I had a feeling that Amber thought I wanted to get back with her, well wasn't she in for a shock.

I glanced at Adrienne, she was looking at us, but she had a look of defeat on her face and right then I wanted to go to her, but first I had to deal with Amber.

"So you've realised your mistake Matthew." Amber said as we sat down.

Was she kidding?

"Yeah, no. I never made a mistake, well yes I did when I decided to ask you out in the first place."

She looked at me shocked. "But I thought...."

I cut her off. "That I wanted to get back with you? No I don't."

"I don't understand Matt." She was getting whiny.

"I want you to stop doing what your doing to Adrienne."

"For god sake, I'm not doing anything."

"Yeah you are, we've all seen it, you don't hide the way you feel about her." That was true.

"Matthew, she's just so." She sighed. "I don't know, out of place."

What she was saying made no sense to me. "How is she out of place?"

"Just look at her." She snapped.

I was getting angry. "What Amber, I see a beautiful woman, what do you see? Competition?"

And by the expression on her face I knew that was exactly the problem.

"Please Matt, don't insult me."

"And there you go again." I snapped. "Get over it Amber and leave Adrienne alone."

"Oh my god." She whispered.

"What?"

Suddenly she started crying. "You like her."

"Of course I like her, she's my friend."

"No Matt, you like her." She stood up. "I see it on your face."

She could see it? "It really doesn't matter Amber, please just leave her alone."

"Oh." She laughed bitterly. "I plan on fighting for you."

She turned and walked off. I wanted to tell her not to bother, she'd lose but she was gone.

I sat there for a minute then I stood up. I looked at the girls table, I decided to join them.

I sat next to Adrienne, asking her if she minded, she looked a little shocked.

"I guess not." She said quietly.

"Good." I said smiling at her.

She smiled back, it was very nice to see.