•Chapter 60•

-3 days later-

Jenna's pov

"Hey Abby." I yell as I walk in Starbucks.

"Hey Jen." Abby says back.

I quickly put on my hat and apron. "So tonight Isaiah, Rosie, Jonah and I are hanging out, we wanted to know if you wanted to come too."

"Uh sure, when?" Abby ask me.

"Right after work. Will Brody and Lisa be here by then?" I ask her and she nods.

"Yeah sure. I'll come." I smile, knowing what's really going on.

"Yay!" I yell and she laughs.

-

"We're here!" I shout as Abby and I enter Rosie's house. I hear them out back. "I think they're outside."

"Ok." Abby says simply and we walk out back. I see all of our friends out there and Isaiah holding a huge sign that says: 'PROM?'. Also he is holding purple balloons.

"Well?" I whisper and her hand fly up to her mouth.

"Abby, I know we met about half a year ago. But those months were some of the best of my life. I really like you Abby, it would mean the world if you would go to prom with me." Isaiah says. Abby nods her head fast and Isaiah run up to her and they hug. We all gather around them.

"Now all we need is the dresses, suits and corsages." I say. "I can't wait!"

I look over and see Isaiah and Abby still hugging, I smile.

"When's Shawn coming in?" Jonah ask me.

"I think he said Wednesday." I tell him. "Do you know where the after party will be?"

"That nice hotel down the street from the school." Jonah tells me.

-

"Bye guys!" I say as I walk toward Rosie's door.

"Bye!" Everyone yells back and I walk out. Since Abby drove me here, I have to walk home. Luckily it's only about a five minute walk.

I walk in the house and find no one home. Since I'm bored to death, I decide to do a cover. I get out my guitar and decide on what to do a cover of. I decide on Neon Lights by Demi Lovato.

-Saturday-

"C'mon, lets go in here!" Kayla says and pushes Abby, Rosie and I into a small dress boutique.

"Hello!" A lady maybe in her late 50s greets us. "What may I do for y'all?"

"They are looking for prom dresses, and dresses for an after party." Kayla replies and the lady nods.

"Well I'm Cora." She extends her hand and we shake it.

"I'm Kayla." Kay says first and smiles. "And this is Jenna, Abby and Rosie." Kay points to us.

"Nice to meet you girls, so prom dresses. Hmm." She looks like she's thinking. "Ah over here." Cora leads us to a large section with different styles, colors, sizes and lengths.

"Wow." Rosie, Abby and I say at once. Two dresses catch my eye. I walk over to one and start inspecting it."

It's a pastel purple chiffon dress, floor length. It's really beautiful. The other dress is also a chiffon dress that is floor length. It's a blue dress, the top is a sweetheart and has white and silver sequins. Both have cool back designs.

"Go try them on!" Ro ushers me to the back.

"Ok!" I defend and walk in to the dressing room. I try on the blue on first. The back has two x's that also has silver sequins. I walk out and everyone looks at me.

"Here, come and get on the walk way." Cora tells me and helps me up on the small walkway.

"It's beautiful on you Jen." Kay says and I blush. I twirl around in it and walk back to the dressing room.

I put on the purple dress and instantly fall in love with it. The back was one criss-cross and it hugged my curves perfectly. I walk out and all the girls start squealing how good it looks and fits.

"Thanks guys." I say.

Abby finds a beautiful short dress. It come up just above her knees and looks beautiful on her. It's a cream color kinda and has white lace everywhere. The cream under the lace is a sweetheart and the lace on top comes right below her neck. Altogether the color of the dress is beautiful against her tan skin and it shows off her long legs.

Rosie found a dark blue dress that is also beautiful for her. It's also a chiffon dress. The skirt part is a dark blue and the top is a white sleeveless, sweetheart that has small beads everywhere.

Since Kayla was a chaperon or something, she also wanted to dress nice. She got a white dress. The top has thin straps, and small ruffles and the bottom goes to about mid thigh and is flowey. It also has a black ribbon around the waist.

"Thanks for coming." Cora says as we carry our bags toward the doors.

"Thanks for letting us buy the dresses." I smile and she returns it. "Bye!" I say and we walk out.

We put our dresses in Kayla's car and continue walking around to buy shoes.

-

"Bye Jen!" Kayla, Abby and Rosie call from Kayla's car as I walk, with my shoes and dress, to the door.

"Bye!" I call back and unlock the door. Once I get it open I hear the tv playing in the living room.

"Jen, is that you?!" I hear dad call.

"Yeah!" I yell back and he comes running to me. He takes my shoe box and we walk to my room.

"Can I see?" He ask and I shake my head 'no'.

"I want it to be a surprise." I say and he chuckles.

"Want to go out to eat, I can call Leigh to meet us." Dad says and I nod. "Ok let me go call her."

I go and get in his truck and he soon joins me.

"Is she coming?" I ask.

"Yeah, we're gonna meet her there." Dad tells me and I nod.

I'm glad I now have a motherly figure in my life.

[-------------------------------]

Hey! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Tomorrow is my brothers birthday and I've been having to make lots of food. Also he is doing a lot better about his anger problems. Thanks if you prayed or anything!

-Ashlee.