Like Father, Like Daughter

*After the concert*

Alex POV:

After the concert Chris and the band treated us to dinner at Denny's, which is the place I chose to eat at cause I was really in the mood for pancakes.

"So what would you like to order?", the waitress asked us politely.

I'm honestly kind of shocked that Coldplay is one of the biggest bands in the world nowadays and no one here at Denny's (it wasn't crowded there was a fair amount of people here) seems to notice their presence. Anyways I was planing on ordering what I usually get: a garden omelette (with peppers, mushrooms, spinach, and cheese in it) two buttermilk pancakes, and a side of mozzarella sticks.

"I'll have a garden omelette, mozzarella sticks, and a stack of buttermilk pancakes.", Chris answered before any of us could.

"NO WAY! I ORDER THE SAME THING! JUST WITH TWO PANCAKES INSTEAD OF THE STACK", I practically shouted at him who was sitting right next to me.

"But yea, I'll take the same thing", I looked up at the waiter as she distributed our beverages.

It was so interesting how much my dad and I had in common even though I had only knew him for about 3 hours. Now I know where I get my hair, sense of humor, and musical ability from.

The rest of the dinner/breakfast we basically joked around and told stories. When it was time to go Lauren's brother came to get us from Denny's but Chris said he would have their tour bus driver drop me home because he wanted to hang out with me even longer. When we got back on the tour bus I engaged in a long, awkward conversation with my dad. It was kinda like I had his undivided attention. We talked about all sort of things like school, my goals, my dreams, my hobbies and then he popped the big question:

"So do you have a boyfriend?"

Ugh. I hate this question. I've actually have had a crush on Gavin since I moved to Cali but I would never tell anyone that because he is my best friend and almost every girl in school likes him. He is the star football player; he could have any girl he wants. Why would he want me? He is 5'8 with curly brown hair that stays plopped perfectly on the top of his head, hazel eyes that can light up your world, pearly white teeth giving him a very sexy smile, nice tan skin due to his Mexican decent and he has a banging body! Never have I seen such a great eight pack! But I can only dream he would ever date me.

"No I don't", I answered sadly.

Now all I could think about was Gavin and how I had no chance with him.

"What about that fella who came to dinner with us?"

Shit.

"Gavin? He's just a friend"

"Are you sure, it seems like you had the hots for him", Chris questioned while sipping on his fruit juice.

"Yup"

"Oh ok. He seems like nice young man"

"Yea, he is"

"Alex would like you like to live with me?"

Well that was random..

"What made you ask that", I didn't mean to answer so shocked.

"Well I just figured it would give us more time to bond. It could also give you more time to get to know your new family. Ya know, Gwyneth, Apple and Moses? If it makes you feel better I live here in Pacific Palisades too, so you wouldn't have to move to far."

"Oh okay."

We exchanged numbers and he said he only had 2 more concerts on the tour then he would be back home and I could move in.

We finally arrived at my house and it was time to say our goodbyes. After hugging my dad for a second time that night this time I didn't want to let go.

"Don't worry. I'll be back. I promise.", he assured me then kissed my pale face.

*I'll update tomorrow :)*