Twisted Logic Pt. 2

***Monday Morning***
Alex POV:
I knew today was going to be hard. Chris and I haven't spoken since the blowout and my friends were done with me. For good this time. I know this because all of them blocked me on social media. Which also meant I was going to have to take the bus to school.

I got up with no motivation. I brushed my teeth without bothering to apply make up afterward. I put on a t-shirt, some sweat pants, my moccasins then pulled my hair into a messy bun. I just wanted to get today over with.

I grabbed my book bag and headed for the stairs. To my surprise, a car was out their it was...

"Hey, I thought I'd give you a ride to school.", Phil called out to me through his semi-rolled down window. "Don't worry, I talked to you father about it and he said it was fine."

I exhaled in relief. Without thinking twice, I got in his car.

"Thank you so much.", I said. He had no idea how thankful I was.

"No problem. Now do you have a plan?", he asked

"A plan? For what?"

"For what you're going to do today."

"Oh." I felt like an idiot. "No. Basically just lay low."

"That's not going to work."

"Why not?"

"How about this. I'll give you my number. Throughout the day text me how it's going. If it's going poorly, I'll pick you up at lunchtime. If it's going alright, I'll just pick you up at the end of the day.", he suggested.

Was he serious or straight up bonkers? He was wiling to pick me up in the middle of the day? Chris would never do that. Hell, my mum wouldn't have even thought about doing that.

"Does my dad know about this?", I questioned.

"No, but I don't think he'll mind.", he shrugged. "You know, he wasn't the popular type when he was in school. He would've killed to have someone pick him up when his day wasn't going well. I'm sure he'll understand."

Phil was honestly a cool guy. Sadly, our nice talk was cut short because he pulled up in front of my school.

"Here's my number.", he turned to me as he said the digits. "Now, try to have a good day okay?"

"Okay.", I replied getting out of the car. I was trying to convince to have a good day as well.

First period- cooking. Normally I'd be excited about this, but today I wasn't all the hungry. I walked into the room to notice I was the first one there. I took a seat in the back praying no one would notice me.

Another girl walks in. She has thick framed glasses, long curly brown hair, and she kinda looks like a young Mariah Carey. She was wearing a black AC/DC crop top with a red plaid shirt tied around her grey leggings. I've never seen her around before. My guess is she is new.

"Is this seat taken?", she asks pointing to the one next to me.

"Nope."

"Thanks. Hi I'm Sydney.", she smiles shyly.

"I'm Alex.", I say sticking my hand out for her to shake. She shakes my hand and sits down.

"Are you new here?", I ask.

"Yeah. I'm from New York.", she replies looking down. She reminds me of myself when I first moved here. "Could you tell me where the world language hallway is? I have French next."

"May I see your schedule?"

Day 1
1st block - Calculus
2nd block - Civics
3rd block - English
4th block - senior chill time

Day 2
1st block - Cooking
2nd block - French
3rd block -  Physics
4th block - senior chill time

Her schedule was almost like mine on Day 2.

"Yeah. I have French next as well."

"You know, not that many people here are as friendly as you are.", she smiles. "On Friday, I was trying to ask for directions, and this girl completely shooed me away."

"Thanks. I know how it feels to be the new kid. I'm from England and my first year was tough as well."

"I know we just met but do you want to hang out later?, she asks.

"Sure. We have the same senior chill time so I guess we can walk to the plaza up the street. There's a yogurt land, a pizza place, a movie theater, and an arcade.", I add.

"Sounds like fun.", she remarked.

Throughout the whole class, we just talked. I realized we had a lot in common. We both liked classic rock, vintage items, H&M, and Gossip Girl. I also noticed Taco Bell kept staring at me. What the hell was her problem?

In French class, we couldn't stop poking fun at the fact that Madame Vousell's purple knickers were visible through her sheer blue skirt. Sydney was honestly a pretty cool girl. I had so much fun with her that I forgot to text Phil.

Civics class was the only class that was weird. Jonsey and Taco Bell kept giving me dirty looks but it wasn't enough to ruin my day.

When it came time for senior chill time I was looking for Sydney but couldn't find her. I had to pee so I figured after I used the bathroom, I'd continue to look for her.

As I'm using the bathroom I take on my phone to text Phil that I'm okay. But I hear the bathroom door open and two familiar voices conversing.

"She totally bought it", one voice tells the other.

"I know. But how long do I have to keep up this act? She's so boring.", the other voice responds.

"Long enough to the point where she gains your trust. Then you can hurt her like she hurt Jonsey."

What?

I peek through the cracks of my stall. It's Sydney with...... Taco Bell.

I finally got it. Taco Bell and the others were trying to have Sydney befriend me so she could turn on me. So who exactly was Sydney?

"Well I should get going. I'm supposed to be going somewhere with her right now. I'll see you at home."

They're sisters?!? I deleted the messages I'm about to send to Phil. I replace it with one that says

"Sorry for not texting. Please pick me up. ASAP. I have a lot to tell you."

A/N: ooooooooooh plot twist. But how is everyone enjoying AHFOD?? It's so good!!! And to all of my American readers Coldplay is doing the super bowl half time show next year. I don't even pay attention to American football but I'm watching next year for them. It's gonna be crazy!!! Comment down below your favorite AHFOD song(s).

~Lexi 💋