Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall Pt. 2

911. My mum was passed out on the floor with a heroin injector in her right hand and in her left hand was a picture of her, Chris and I from when I was a baby. I felt her head and she was really cold. I wondered how long she had been here and what would've happened if I didn't have my keys. Or if I didn't bother to come over and why she did this to herself. All these painful questions went through my head and I didn't even hear the 911 operator answer the phone.

"Hello? Hello? Hello?"

"Oh I'm sorry. I need to report a dead woman"

"Okay and where is she?

"24 Lincoln Drive Appartment 1B", I stuttered.

"Okay, stay calm. We are on our way", the voice operator said back to me.

I tried not to panic but at the end of the day she was my mom. I cried silent tears until the police arrived. Then I started talking to an officer giving him all the details about what happened.

After a few minutes of investigating, the same officer from earlier told me I could leave. I went back to Chris' house to find him sitting on the couch watching something on BBC. I ran up to him and gave him a big hug.

"Sweetie, about earlier...."

"No I'm sorry I didn't mean to barge in on you", I cut him off. "But there's something more serious that's going on"

"What is it love?", He asked not seeing how concerned I actually looked.

"It's my mom..."

"What about her?"

"Well I went to my old apartment to see her and I found her dead on the floor."

Chris didn't say anything for a while instead he just embraced me in a tight hug. After 5 minutes or so he finally said

"It's gonna be okay. I'm here for you. Sure I haven't always been here for you but I'm here for you now and I'm gonna be here for you for as long as we live."

At that moment I didn't say anything. I just stayed wrapped in his arms as we both wondered off to sleep.

A/N: Hey guys first of all THANK YOU GUYS FOR GETTING ME TO 1.09K READS!!!!!!! 1.09K IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!. Second of all sorry for not updating lately. Next update is Saturday and I promise. I'll actually go start writing that now :P.
Thanks again for 1.09k guys. I love you guys. ~ Lexi 💋