Twisted Logic

Alex POV:

I turn around to make eye contact with a guy that looks quite familiar. He had reddish hair, deep brown eyes and rosey cheeks. He was kind of tall I suppose with somewhat muscular arms.

"I'm Phil.", he revealed his identity, sticking his hand out for me to shake. He had a thick British accent.

Suddenly, it hit me. He was the guy Chris went to hang out with earlier. Now that I think of it, my dad did mention him quite a few times. I believe they are mates who've known each other since they were in school.

"I'm Alex", I introduce myself, shaking his hand.

"Wow. You look so much like your father.", he remarks in awe. "I don't know if you know this but we've met before. Actually, you were a few days old when I first met you. I'm your godfather."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Are you hungry? We could talk more about this over dinner if you want."

"I mean I can eat.", I answer jokingly.

"Well, let's go."

I follow him to his car. I get into the car and question whether or not I should be doing this. He may be my dad's friend but he's still a complete stranger to me.

"Where do you like to eat?", he asks.

"No where in particular. Just a heads up though, I'm a vegetarian."

We end up going to a local seafood restaurant. Once, we got to our table, we really got into conversation.

"So how did you know who I was?"

"What do you mean?"

"At the beach."

"You look just like your father. Besides, you stopped when I called out your name."

"Alright."

"My turn to ask a question. How come you were so mean to your father earlier?"

"How do you know about that?"

"Hey, I asked first."

I stopped for a moment. Was I really ready to explain my sad pitiful life to someone I had just met? Then again he was the only person who was willing to listen to what I had to say.

I told him about the whole thing with Jonsey and Gavin. I was really impressed at the fact that he didn't judge me once. When I was done talking he simply nodded.

"Basically, you didn't want to hurt Jonsey's feelings so you dated him knowing you still had feelings for Gavin?"

"Yes.", I reply feeling slightly embarrassed.

"It's okay. You made a mistake out of a good intention. I think you need to just give them some space. Then explain to them what you just explained to me, after they cool off.", he suggests.

"As for your dad, I think you need to cut him some slack. I've known Chris for many years. He truly is a nice guy. Although I'm not trying to play the blame game here, he wouldn't have messed up if you didn't mess up. Nevertheless, both of you two need to apologize to one another."

I couldn't help but smirk. Almost an hour ago I didn't know who Phil was. Fast forward an hour later, I discovered he's a great person who gives good advice.

"Thanks Phil.", I respond. "I can honestly say you were here for me when no one else was. I really appreciate that."

"No problem kiddo", he said just as the food got here. "Now let's eat up, so I can get you home."

On the ride home we listened to X&Y. It made me actually miss Chris. What I didn't expect was Phil to bust singing out to Fix You. I couldn't contain my laughter 'cos it was so funny.

When we got to my house, I felt a lot of resentment. I really didn't know if I could do it. It being going back to face him and my friends. I looked out the window with sadness. I think Phil noticed that.

"He's not mad at you. He just wants to make sure you are okay. I talked to him an hour ago. If I makes you feel better I'll walk you to the door."

"I would like that a lot.", I look down then look at him.

"C'mon.", he gets out the car first. He comes around to my side and opens the door.

As we walk to the front door, I feel as if I am barely breathing. He rings the doorbell and I can feel the adrenaline pumping throughout my body. Chris opens the door and I rush right by him into the house. As I head up the stairs to my room I notice I forgot to say bye to Phil. I also hear him at the door still talking to Chris.

"Take it easy on her. She's a good kid.", he tells my dad.

A/N: Soooo the mystery person was Phil. Two of you guys were close to guessing it was him and almost blew my surprise. I added him in the story separately from the band because this is mainly about Chris and they are pretty close. Also 2 more days!!! I'm especially excited for track #6 which is Fun mainly because I love Tove Lo.
See ya
~Lexi 💋