Fun (pt. 2)

New Years Day 2016:

Alex POV:

"I can't even focus on the fact that it's New Year's", I sighed.

"Me either", mumbled Lauren.

"Well, this is it.", Leah turned to us. "3"

"2", said Lauren.

"1", I said taking a deep breath.

We all opened our envelopes at the same time.
My paper read:
              Los Angeles Central High School
Finals Report for: Martin, Alexa Noel Zoe
Grade 12
Class of 2016

English - Grade: A+ - Percentage: 97%
Calculus - Grade: A+ - Percentage: 99%
French - Grade: A-  - Percentage: 91%
Civics - Grade: A - Percentage: 95%
Physics - Grade: A+ - Percentage: 100%
Cooking - Grade: A+ - Percentage: 98%

I screamed at the top of my lungs. A few seconds later they began screaming too then we all started jumping around like loonies.

We had done it! We all got A's on our finals which meant we could go on tour with my dad and the band. I couldn't wait until my dad got back from spending time with Apple and Moses so we could tell him the big news.

We were waiting for what had seemed like 10 minutes when we heard the door being unlocked from the outside.

"Hello ladies-"

"DAD WE ALL GOT A'S!", I shouted cutting him off. I couldn't help it I was just so excited.

"Congratulations girls, I knew you could do it!"

"I can't wait until the Super Bowl!", I smiled.

"Yeah. About that.", he paused. This couldn't be good.

"I also want Apple and Moses to come along."

"That's fine. Wait are you saying my friends can't come?"

"Of course not!"

"Okay, then what is it?"

"Well since I'll be busy with the band and I want you guys to enjoy yourselves, Gwyneth is also coming along."

My smile faded. Why did she have to come? If Gwyneth is there, there's no way I'll be able to enjoy myself.

"But Dad, we have no problem watching them", I pleaded turning around to shoot a quick look at Lauren and Leah. "After all they are my siblings."

"I know but she insisted.", he sighed. "Besides, she's friends with Bey and I know Bey would really want her to be there."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. But she better not bother me. I have no problem screaming out her name so she'll get mobbed by fans."

My dad just smiled. I could tell he was trying to hold back his laughter. "Actually we've arranged security, so that's not going to happen. Good idea though."

****************************************************************

The big day finally came around. Leah and Lauren spent the night at my house the night before so we could all get ready together. Leah wore an orange top with green skinny jeans, black flats and her usual black bowler hat; she was rooting for the Denver Broncos. Lauren wore her Cam Newton jersey, black leggings and black uggs; her pick to win the game was the Carolina Panthers. I, on the other hand, wasn't concerned about who won or who even was playing. I was only worried about one thing. Or person I should say. I threw on a gray hoodie, black leggings, brown uggs, and curled my hair. I had Leah paint an orange strip under my left eye while Lauren painted a blue stripe under my right eye. Then we were ready to go.

We grabbed our luggage and piled it into Phil's rental car. Phil drove us to the stadium because the band was there since last night for things like mic checks.

After 6 long hours of driving, when we got there I was in complete awe. Levi Stadium was absolutely beautiful. Or maybe it was our seats. We were so high up in box seats that had a lounge. The lounge had waiters, massage chairs, and air conditioning, which was kind of essential with the Santa Clara heat. Either way the view was amazing. What wasn't amazing was the fact that Gwyneth had beat us there.

"Alex!", cheered Moses as he ran into my arms. I picked him up and kissed his cheek.

"Hey buddy, I've missed you! How've you been?"

"Good!"

"I think you're forgetting someone.", said a voice behind Moses. I turned to see Apple standing behind him with her arms crossed.

"I didn't forget about you", I exclaimed as I put him down and hugged her. "I could never forget about you! How are you doing?"

"I'm excited for the game", she smiled.

"Guys, these are my friends, Leah and Lauren."

"Leah, I like your hat!", she complimented.

Moses began, "Lauren you're very pretty. Will you be my-"

"Okay, that's enough kids.", Gwyneth said unenthusiastically as she shooed them to go back over to her. "Alexa."

"Gwyndolyn."

"That's not my name."

"Oops. My bad."

"Yeah, you're bad alright. Stay away from my kids."

"You can keep me away from your kids, but you can't keep me away from my siblings.", I smirked.

We were evilly staring each other down when my father and the band came into our area.

"Hello everybody!", my father greeted. "Alex? Gwyneth? Is everything alright?"

"Yes.", she answered hostilely.

"Just peachy", I added without breaking our eye contact.

"Well we're warming up right now, so you all are welcome to watch if you wanna", he said trying to lighten the mood.

"I'm sure Alex and those two would like to go", Gwyneth pointed to Lauren and Leah. "The three of us are fine up here in the longue."

"Actually she's right. I'd love to see you all rehearse.", I agreed with her for once in my life but for my own selfish reasons.

"Alex, I'm really tired and I don't want to miss any of the game.", Lauren complained. "I think I'll stay here to take a quick nap.

"And I don't want the show to be spoiled for me.", Leah chimed in. "I'd rather be surprised so I think I'm gonna stay here." She leaned in towards me, "Besides, I'll make sure your wicked stepmother doesn't do anything to Laur. Now go, have fun. You got this."

I hugged them both then followed the band downstairs. I took a deep breath and went for it......