Shiver

Alex POV:
I could not believe this was happening.

"What's going on here is we were supposed to be on a double date.", a confused Jonsey explained.

"Jonsey she never really liked you.", Gavin blurts out not even giving me a chance to speak.

Jonsey looked over at me horrified with a lot of sadness. I felt really bad.

"Jonsey! Wait!", I call out as he heads for the door.

"No. I'm such an idiot.", he replies. I think I can see fire in his eyes. "I saw the good in you when no one else did. Now I see why no one saw good in you. You're nothing but an evil whore?"

"A whore?", I repeat back and I feel myself becoming sad.

"It's American for Slag.", Chris feels the need to tell me. He was now standing in the kitchen drinking juice.

"I know what a whore is. But that's not who I am."

"She's right.", Gavin jumps in. I honestly feel a bit of relief. "She's not a whore because no guy wants anything to do with her. She's just a liar, and a user. Let's go guys."

That really hurt. Especially coming from him. I watched them leave as I held back my tears. Once the door shut, they began to fall. With my blurry, teary-eyed vision I looked over at Chris.

"See what you did? I hope you're happy.", I croaked.

"I didn't do anything wrong. You were the one who lied. You just got caught up in the act.", he answered walking over to me.

"DON'T TALK TO ME EVER AGAIN!", I yell. I was already upset. The last thing I needed was someone telling me how wrong I was.

"Watch your tone."

"Or what?"

"Don't test me."

I crossed my arms. "OR WHAT?!?"

"You're grounded. For a month. No television. No phone. No laptop."

"I don't care. I couldn't give a-"

My sentence was cut short by Chris hitting me on the mouth. He didn't do it hard, but it was still enough to put me in shock. I stood there in silence looking at him. He looked back at me intensely, with his eyebrows scrunched up. Don't get me wrong this wasn't the first time I've ever been disciplined. Sure my mom used to spank me when I was younger as I just wasn't used to thought of a man doing it to me. Even if he is my dad.

I head for the front door. Making my way out of the house, I couldn't feel more worthless. I'm trying to process what had happened while listening to Chris scold me in the background. I literally had no one. Where was I going to go?

I ended up just walking around town cursing under my breath. The events of what went on kept replaying in my head. I tried to shake it off only to think about it again a minute later. I decide stop at a place that I knew would help me calm down.

It takes me nearly 15 minutes to get to the park. This park brought back sweet memories. When me and my mum first moved here, we would come here almost every time we had a chance. There was just something about the atmosphere. The park was almost like a beach except there was more grass than sand. Also, there were no lifeguards or line that limited you from going too far in the water. Regardless, the view was breathtaking. No matter how many times I went there, I still couldn't help but be amazed.

I sit down at a picnic table and close my eyes, listening to the sound of the waves. It was so relaxing.

Chris POV:

I get that she's mad but that doesn't give her the right to be rude. Especially, not to me. I've done nothing but try to help her. Yeah I made a mistake however, she's the one who got herself into this mess. Then she has the audacity to leave while I'm talking to her. I bet she went to that damn park her mum used to take her to again.

I don't even have the patience to fight with her at the moment. I'm so pissed off at Gwyneth for not letting me see Apple and Moses. The thought of my kids being fathered by another man kills me. In addition to that, the media has caught on to our split. My name is on almost every gossip site followed by "Gwyneth is moving on" or "Why him and Gwyneth weren't meant to be".

I exhale deeply and pick up my phone to make a call. The phone rings twice before I get an answer.

"Hey, it's me. Do you have a minute?"

Alex POV:

After what seemed like a half hour, I debate whether I should leave or stay. The real question is where would I go? I obviously can't go home, plus I'm pretty sure by now, all of my friends know what happened and want noting to do with me. I take out my phone to see if anyone had tried to contact me. Sure enough, no one did. I decide to stay here a little longer, scared to go back to my reality.

I'm about to close my eyes again when I see a person. This person looks like they're coming towards me. I hop up quickly to notice that the person has started walking faster in my direction. I think of running but if I go the other way, that would only lead me to a dead end. I end up simply walking in the same direction as the person yet on the opposite side of the park. My goal was to get past the person before they could cross over to get to me. Before long, the person starts to run. I try to speed up, still the person is right on my back.

"Alex, wait!", the person says.

I stopped dead in my tracks. The person obviously knew who I was.

"If you want your friends back, come with me."

Afraid to turn around I just stood there in shock.

"How do you know who I am?"

"Come with me and I'll tell you."

A/N: ooooooooh cliff hanger ;) Who could this person possibly be?? And who was Chris on the phone with? Was it Gwyneth? Or maybe it is the same person chasing Alex..... But 3 more days until A Head Full of Dreams!!! Who's excited?? I know I am.
~Lexi 💋