How You See The World

Alex POV:
Lauren, Leah and I sat in our hotel room in straight disbelief. What were the odds we'd run into Gavin in England and be staying at the same hotel. And now we were going on a dinner date with him and his family.

"I think the only thing we can do is make the best of it", Leah sighed. "Mrs. Ramirez is a sweet lady. Just because she doesn't know what an ass her son has been, doesn't mean we should bail on her. She's been like a second mother to all of us."

Lauren and I nodded. We all had come to the realization that we were just gonna have to suck it up and go.

I took a deep breath before walking over to my suitcase to find something nice to wear. If I was gonna have a shitty night, I was gonna do it in style. As I began to dig through my suitcase I heard a knock on our door.

"I'll get it. I'm closest to the door", Lauren said leaping up and peeping through the hole on the door. "It's the wicked witch of the west", she whispered back to us.

"What the hell does she want?", I asked annoyed. "Open the door, Laur"

Lauren opened the door to reveal Gwyneth looking happier than usual.

"Hey Girls! What's going on in here?"

"Girl Talk.", I replied not even looking in her direction. I didn't have time for her. Actually I never have time for her. Especially after that little stunt she pulled:

"Oooooh. Well maybe I can help! What are we talking about? Puberty? Boys? Sex?-"

"No no no no no", I cut her off right there. "None of those things. Cut to the chase, what do you really want?"

Gwyneth's smile faded. "So I can't be nice to you?"

"Nope. Not without a catch."

"Look, I'm trying to get your father back and if he sees us getting along there's a possibility we'll get back together."

"What about Gregg?"

"Gregg and I aren't together anymore. He's nice but he isn't as good in bed as your father."

"Ugh", I cringed not even needing a visual of that. Leah and Lauren also groaned in disgust.

"Whatever Alexa. Here's €50 euros to stay out of my way.", she said reaching into her purse.

"200.", I crossed my arms.

"150.", she answered looking up from her bag.

"160.", I smirked back at her as I was now just being an ass.

"Done."

Gwyneth handed me the money and left the room. I plopped down on my bed.

"Oh and one more thing", Gwyneth said from outside the door. "All of us are going to the dinner with the Ramirez family."

Well that made me feel a little better.

*******************

"It was very generous of Mrs. Ramirez to invite us all to dinner." Chris said as we were all bunched up in the elevator. I was squeezed in between Lauren and Leah with Moses and Apple in front of me, my father, Gwyneth and Phil behind me, and Jonny, Guy, and Will behind them.