Speed of Sound

Alex POV:
I carefully wrapped the test up in toilet tissue and put it in my back pocket. I made sure to wash my hands and then I went downstairs to confront Gwyneth.

"So you and Chris are having another baby?", I questioned.

"No don't be ridiculous", she answered not even giving me any attention. She was too busy watching herself on tv.

"So who's baby is it?"

"What I you talking about?", she turned around to face me.

"I'm talking about the fact that you're pregnant."

Gwyneth didn't say anything for a minute. She then became very angry.

"Listen you little bitch, Chris is away at his high school reunion and will be back in a few days. I'm getting an abortion tomorrow so it doesn't matter."

"Abortion or no abortion it still matters. Because at the end of the day, your still hurting my dad by not telling him."

"He can't get hurt if he doesn't know."

"Oh he will know. Either you tell him yourself or I will."

"Good luck with that. How do you expect him to take your word over mine? I mean how long has it been since you guys spoken.....yeah I thought so."

I was at a lost for words. She was right. What could possibly make Chris believe me over her? I let Gwyneth have it and went upstairs to think about it.
*************************
The next morning Gwyneth had her appointment. I had already called her doctor's office pretending to be her to cancel her appointment so the joke was on her. She was going to look so dumb. Chris was coming back later tonight so all I needed was her to still be pregnant so I could show Chris the test.

I was sitting on the couch watching the inbetweeners when Gwyneth was leaving out to her appointment. About 20 minutes later, she came back mad as ever.

"Did you call the doctor's office pretending to be me to cancel my appointment."

"😏 I have no idea what you're talking about."

"I'm talking about the fact that I went to the doctors office and they asked me if I was alright because I already canceled the appointment yesterday. So I had to make another appointment."

"Oh really? 😏"

"Don't play dumb, you little-"

At that moment Chris just happened to walk through the door.

"Chris?", we both said in shock.

A/N: Okay sorry for so many authors notes but I just wanted to say that even though Gwyneth is really mean in this story, I don't hate her in real life. She's actually really nice. Can be annoying sometimes but really nice. Just to be clear one more time I don't think Gwyneth is mean or a bitch or anything, I'm just making her mean for story purposes 👐
~Lexi 💋