Always In My Head

Side note: I know the picture is of Damon Albarn and his daughter Missy but I thought he looked a little like Chris in the picture....that's all 👐

Alex POV:
As they got closer and closer I didn't know what to do or what to say. Then I sighed. I was just going to have to suck it up and say what was on my mind.

"Look guys I get that you all hate me. I don't know what I did to deserve all of this unnecessary hate but I guess nothing I say can change your minds. Now if you'd excuse me I'd like to-"

"We're sorry.", Gavin spoke up as I stood there shocked. "Well I can't speak for all of us but I can speak for myself. Whatever happened between you and Chris happened but now it's over. It was never our business anyways."

"Yeah me too.", Taye added. "I should also say Jonsey never said he hated you. I just said that to piss you off."

"She's right.", Jonsey stepped in. "Before I could even defend myself I you walked away. I was gonna go after you but then I wanted Taye to tell you the truth herself.

"And I'm sorry for being a follower", said Lauren. "Gavin and Taye were the only ones who had a problem and I shouldn't have shunned you because of it. It wasn't my problem to begin with and it should've stayed that way."

"Same with what Lauren said", Leah spoke up. "We should've defended you."

I froze for a moment to think about what they were saying. It meant the world to me but I wasn't going to let them back in that easy. I also suspect Chris had something to do with this which is okay with me.

"You know what. Thanks guys. I'm not a bitter person so I forgive you guys but I won't forget", I paused. "Which is why before we go back to hanging out, I think I need some time to think. The stuff you guys said really hurt and I just don't want to get hurt again."

"I get that and I respect that", said Gavin with the others nodding along. Everyone except Jonsey.

"Okay good." I said as I began to walk away. I turned around to find them heading in the opposite way. But Jonsey stayed put. Once the others were out of sight, I slowly walked back over to him and whispered

"That applied to everyone but you, you know."

A smile flashed across his face.

"Thanks.", he said pulling me into a tight hug. Then suddenly he kissed me. I was pretty shocked by the jester considering I still liked Gavin.

"What was that for?", I asked instantly feeling dumb.

"Alex, in case I couldn't make it anymore obvious, I like you."

My heart started racing and I felt like I was losing my breath. Oh no. This is bad.

"Alex Martin?"

"That's my name", I said trying to change the mood.

"Will you be my girlfriend."

Oh god. This was really happening. Well, he was the only one who was there for me when the others weren't. And this could make a certain somebody very jealous.

I guess I was zoned for a minute because I noticed that he was waving his hand in my face.

"Hellooooo? You there?"

"Yeah. Sorry. And..."

"Yes"

Jonsey picked me up and swung me around. I began to hit him on his back signaling him to put me down because we were at the mall and people were starting to stare. This isn't like the movies or the fanfictions. ;)

"I have to drive the others home but text me later?", he said putting me down.

"Okay."

"Bye Alex or should I say babe."

"Nope Alex is fine. Bye Jonsey."

What have I gotten myself into?

*******************
I was about to leave when I passed by J Crew and a mannequin caught my eye. It was wearing a men's jean jacket that I thought it would look good on Chris. And since I suspected he had something to do with this I had to go get it.

30 Minutes Later.

I got home to find my dad sitting home watching tv.

"Hey Dad.", I said plopping down on the couch next to him.

"Got some stuff I see?", he replied. "Anything good?"

"Funny you should ask.", I answer taking out the jean jacket. "I got this for you."

"For me?"

"Yes. I ran into my friends at the mall and they all apologized. I figured you had something to do with it and I wanted to repay you."

"Sweetie you didn't have to do that."

"I know but although you thanked me for what happened at the party it was unintentional and it led to something bad. You knew how much I missed my friends and you helped me get them back knowing it wouldn't do anything to fix your situation. I know this jacket won't do anything for the situation but I wanted to get it from the goodness in my heart."

He looked at the jacket and didn't say anything for a while. Then he looked back at me and kissed me on the cheek.

"Thanks, Alex"

"No problem Dad."

I lay my head on his shoulder and there was silence. It wasn't an awkward silence it was more like a peaceful silence. Then out of the blue Chris said

"Promise me one thing?"

"What?, I ask picking my head up.

"Don't get to close to that girl Wendee."

"Of course not. She stole Gavin away from me. And now I'm going to have to see her all the time. Especially with school starting back next week."

"Yeah I know how you feel. Her father stole Gwyneth away from me", he sighed. "I mean I think we would've gotten a divorce either way but I just didn't want to let go of it. We were together so long. It hurts. And now she's possibly having his baby so I'm going to have to see him when I go to see the kids."

I was kind of shocked to be honest. This was the first time he really opened up to me.

"I get it Dad.", I say as I pat him on the back. We'll get through this together. On a lighter note go try on the jacket. I wanna see how it fits you."

He smiled and he put it on.

"Yup. It fits. Maybe it'll attract some women.", I said with a wink.

A/N: This is the longest chapter I've ever written. I just really felt like updating. I forgot to say this a few weeks ago but it has official been a year since I started writing this. I started last year in July. Thanks for 3.79k reads. :)

~Lexi 💋