A Rush Of Blood To The Head (Pt. 1)

Alex POV:
I couldn't believe it. Here it was I thought he actually liked me when in reality he was just using me. Although I was mad, I wasn't going to let this bother me. I had just had such a great night. I was going to play along then eventually get even. Let the games begin.

The three of us walked out of the restroom trying to look as unsuspicious as possible. My Dad let us know it was time to go so we started to head for the door. But before I could get there my Dad called me back.

"Alex, could I speak with you for a moment?", he asked.

"Sure.", I replied walking back over to him. "What's up?"

He brought me over to a corner in the place and I knew what he was about to tell me wasn't going to be good.

"What in the hell was that stunt you played earlier?", he asked causing me to freeze.

"Stunt?"

"Yeah, when you jumped on Guy when we were celebrating after the show."

Oh no.

"I told you Dad, I just got caught up in the moment.", I tried to assure him.

"Caught up in the moment or not that was wickedly inappropriate. Guy has a fiancé back at home and I bet she wouldn't be too pleased with that behavior."

"Why are you making a big deal out of nothing?", I rolled my eyes now getting annoyed.

"Because it was uncomfortable to watch and Guy even said himself that...."

"Whoa whoa whoa.", I stopped him. "Guy told you that I made him feel uncomfortable?"

"And awkward.", he added.

"Okay Dad. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to stay out of his way so I don't make him feel uncomfortable or awkward anymore.", I growled before walking away.

*********************

When we got to the airport it was apparent everyone was having fun but me. Phil and the band were acting like their childish selves, Leah was getting to know Bruno better, and Lauren was getting along with Gwyneth and the kids----so much that Gwyneth actually asked her to be their nanny. I, on the other hand was furious. I felt stuck in a tough place. If I continued to play along with Guy's antics, he would always tell my dad but change the story to make me look like a slag. But if I told my Dad the truth, it could potentially ruin Guy's relationship with both the band and his fiancé. It could also land him in jail in America because 18 is an adult. I'm turning 18 later this year but in the U.K., 16 is an adult.

Leah came over to me as I was thinking but I didn't even see her walk over.

"Alex."

"Yeah?"

"I know it's been a weird night for you already but I love you and need to be honest."

"Okay.", I gulped feeling my heart racing out of my chest.

"Although I don't talk to Jonsey or Gavin anymore, I still follow them on social media."

"That's not a big deal.", I laughed.

"No. Here's the thing.", she said unlocking her phone.

I looked at the screen. It was a picture on Gavin's instagram of him on a hotel bed. The caption read "holiday break motherfuckers ✌️️"

"I'm still confused.", I looked up at her.

"Look at the location."

The location of the picture was tagged London, England.

Fucking Great.

I tried to stay calm. "What's the probability that we'll even run into him?", I asked. "London is a huge city."

"Well what's the name of the hotel we're staying at?", she asked.

"Umm....hold on. I think I have it somewhere on my phone.", I said looking through my notes app. "I know it has a weird name. Why do you ask?"

"Because this idiot posted another photo with the name of the hotel he's staying at."

"Well the one we're staying at is super fancy and luxurious; it's pretty expensive. I highly doubt it's the same one. I know his family has money but who in their right mind would pay all of that money for a hotel. My dad even said if the tour wasn't paying for all of these hotels, we'd all be sleeping in a motel."

"I guess some people are more frugal then others", she said.

It was true though. Gavin's family was pretty wealthy. They blew money like it was nothing. His mom was a former beauty queen turned model while his father was a retired NBA coach. His brother, Andrew, is a DJ who goes by the name of Turbo who's pretty popular. He has toured with Skrillex, Diplo, and Dillon Francis as well as others I can't remember. But if you knew Gavin you knew he wasn't one who liked fame or expensive things. He was satisfied with little things such as wearing shoes until they got holes in them or walking places rather than riding in a fancy car. Unlike the rest of his family, he didn't want a career involving the spotlight of fame. He wanted to be a lawyer or serve his country in the military. That's one thing that attracted me to him so much. He was humble and modest considering the fact that he'd rather get a job and pay for his own things rather than asking for money from his already wealthy family. Not to mention he worked hard in school so that he could earn a scholarship for college when he knew his parents could afford to pay for college and that he didn't have to go to college if he didn't want to, because after all people only go to college so they can find a career that's going to financially support them for the rest of their lives. If he didn't go, he'd still have financial support that would last him a lifetime.

I finally found the hotel reservation in my notes. "We're staying at the Bulgari Hotel."

"Yeah, he is too."

"No he's not. Leah this isn't funny anymore."

"I'm not trying to be funny.", she cried. "I'm just trying to look out for you!"

I sighed. "I know. I just don't want this to be true.