Amazing Day (pt. 1)

Alex POV:

I noticed a waiter who looked just like Jonsey. The jet black hair.....the lip piercing.....the tattoos.....the clunky combat boots.....I was almost certain it was him. The guy turned around. Sure enough, it wasn't him but it was enough to make me remember the hell that was in store for tomorrow. 

When I got home I went straight to bed. Chris thought I had gotten food poisoning, however I assured him I was just tired. 

**************************

The next morning came faster than I thought. I woke up about to drag myself out of bed when there was a knock on my door.

"Come in", I answered.

It was my dad. He came over to sit on my bed beside me. "Good morning sweetheart. How are you feeling?"

"I'm alright", I lied

"Here's the thing. Phil and I talked it over last night. We think it's best if you don't go to school for a few days."

I smiled in relief as he continued.

"After what happened yesterday, we want to make sure you're in a good state of mind. We believe you need some time to relax while staying in a stress-free environment as well as staying off of social media and avoiding text messages. We also understand kids can be mean, yet still you shouldn't run away from your problems. That's why we want you to calm down for a little bit then go back. So when you do go back, you can show those kids that they won't get the best of you."

This honestly made my morning. They understood how I was feeling therefore they were giving me some time to cool off. And when I did go back, I wasn't going to let those "so-called former friends of mine" ruin my senior year. 

"Thank you so much.", I said pulling him into a hug. "You guys get it."

"Of course we get it. We were teenagers once too, ya know. Now get some rest." he said as he got up. "We have a surprise for you later."

"Okie Dokie", I replied rolling back over.

When I woke up the second time, I definitely felt more relaxed. When I turned on my phone I had a few messages and social media notifications. Once I unlocked my phone I deleted all of my social media apps. Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat - GONE! I decided to just block the numbers of my ex-friends because I could always use their numbers later for revenge. I also deleted all of my messages that weren't from family (Phil being included in family). After I was done I felt a lot of relief. It felt as if weight had been lifted off of my shoulders; it felt like I could finally breathe.

I slipped my fuzzy slippers on my feet before making my way down the stairs. A note was taped on the back of the front door that read "Had to go to the studio be back around noon ps we didn't text you because you shouldn't be on your phone :) - Love Phil and Dad." I looked over at the clock on the stove: it was only 9:15. I went over, grabbed a granola bar from the cabinet, then grabbed some fruit and a yogurt. I sat down on the couch, mixing the ingredients to make a parfait while looking for something to watch on the telly. I eventually settled on "10 Things I Hate About You", one of my favourite movies.

After an hour or so, I heard knocking on the door. I assumed it was just Phil who had gotten to the door before my dad. I open the door to come face to face with