Army of One Pt. 1

Chris POV:
"No, Phil.", I sighed. "I'm sorry."

"No, really. It's okay.", he insisted. "It's getting pretty late. I'll see you later guys.", he said letting himself out.

Alex looked furious. Her eyebrows furrowed and her eyes narrowed.

"You must ruin everything I like, right?", she exclaimed surprising me.

"Ruin it?", I repeated. "I didn't ruin anything. I'm the parent here. It was obvious he wasn't respecting that."

"How was he not respecting that?"

"I was talking to my kid. He shouldn't have cut in. I wouldn't do that if he was talking to his kids."

"But-"

"Alex, you don't understand. You probably won't until you mature more."

Alex POV:
Mature more? Phil did nothing wrong. He was simply going to tell him about what happened with my former friends. Something he'd know about if he wasn't so conceited. I rolled my eyes and went for the stairs; I had enough.

Must he ruin everything? First my friends, now Phil? I truly despised life at the moment. The worst part was it was only Monday. I had 4 more days to go.

****The Next Morning****

I awoke in glum. I couldn't mentally prepare myself for the shit today had in store. Once again, I got up and put no effort into my attire. This time it was an oversized sweater, leggings & uggs. Putting my hair in a ponytail, I went towards the stairs. I figured I'd walk today because I could get there in the middle of second period, go to third, then leave for senior chill time. As I picked up my bag, I realized Chris wasn't here. What was his problem? I go out the front door, to notice I hadn't checked my phone since last night. I take it out to see I have a new message from Phil.

"Catching an early flight back home. Very nice meeting you. Hope to see you soon."

I frowned upon reading it. I couldn't help but think Chris had something to do with it. Well it's official now, I have no one.

****

I made it to school halfway through period 2 as I expected. I still wasn't in the mood for school so I decided to hide out in the bathroom until period 3.

When I heard the bell ring, I sigh.
"Here goes nothing.", I whisper to myself.

Walking through the halls, I feel like the only human in a zombie apocalypse. I couldn't feel more alone and it was obvious I didn't want to be here. When I make it to Calculus, I get there just in time to take a seat in the back so I can lay low. Unfortunately that doesn't last long because sure enough, Chick-Fil-A is walking over to me.

"You finally decided to show up.", she smirks

I roll my eyes. I just got here and I don't have time for this shit. "Your point?"

"Well if I were you, I wouldn't have came to school today."

"But you're not me so you don't have to worry about that.", I retort.

"I don't want to be you. At least my dad loves me and I have friends."

Was she really going there again? "My dad does love me."

"That's not what he said this morning."

I paused. "Excuse me?"

"You didn't hear?", she grinned. "He came to my house this morning begging Gwyneth to take him back. He told her he missed the way things were before you came along. He also said he missed his family. You know? His real family."

As much as I didn't want to believe her, this was all starting to make since. That's why he wasn't here this morning.

"Since you know, I cant keep my mouth shut, I had to tell everyone.", she begins to beam proudly.

"Wendee, what the hell?", I scream at her. "That's private business! I get you don't like me but if I were in your position, I wouldn't have done that. It's a respect thing!"

"But I don't respect you.", she laughs.
I feel myself heating up and people are beginning to stare. Our teacher, Mrs Bernstein, comes over to us.

"Alex, I know this must be a tough time for you right now, but you can't take it out on your classmates.", she says.

Even she knows? I look back at Wendee who has this evil grin on her face. I roll my eyes, get my bag and leave. I was not going to do this.

A/N: Picture of Alex is included in the chapter. So I haven't updated all week because I've had writers block. Still don't know where I'm going with this story but....yeah :/
~Lexi 💋