Don't Look Back In Anger (pt.1)

Alex POV:
The whole time at Nando's all I could think about was what my father told me. It's true, Gavin did seem less harsh towards me this time around but that didn't mean he wanted to be with me. I wasn't even sure if I was ready to forgive him for being such an ass to me, or if I ever would forgive him. Hell, was he even sorry? I was so out of it I could barely eat. I just wanted to get back to the hotel at this point and sleep it off. The point of the vacation was to have fun and get away from this drama, but it seemed like the drama was following me. When we finally got back to the hotel, I headed for the elevator but Lauren called to me from behind.

"Alex, before we go back to the room, can we look for the pool?", she asked. "I wanna go swimming tomorrow."

"Sure", I reluctantly agreed only because I left my room key in the room.

I turned around and followed her to the front desk to meet up with Leah, who was talking to the concierge.

"She said it's down that hallway to the right", Leah pointed.

"Where are you guys going?", my father asked and I forgot he was nearby.

"Leah and Lauren wanted to find the pool so they can go swimming tomorrow.", I shrugged.

"Alright. Gwyneth will come by your room in 20 minutes to make sure you all are there. I don't expect you girls to try to sneak out but I just need to make sure you all are safe."

"Okay, that's fine.", I replied before turning towards the direction of the hallway.

"No goodnight?", he asked as I began to walk away.

"Goodnight dad.", I waved without looking.

"Goodnight Mr. Martin", Lauren and Leah said from in front of me as we all began to make our way to the pool.

As we got closer to the pool, we heard voices that sounded like they were arguing. Once we got there, the glass doors exposed those two voices to be Gavin and Wendee. Both of them were sitting on the edge of the pool in their swimwear.

Lauren, Leah and I hid around the the corner to hear what they were saying without them noticing us.

"You're so fucking sensitive", Wendee hissed at him.

"I have every right to be. You're the one that cheated, remember?", Gavin raised his voice.

Lauren, Leah, and I all exchanged "wtf" looks.

"And the only reason I cheated was because when we first started dating, you were still into Alex!"

My jaw dropped.

"Holy shit", Leah whispered.

"Okay but you knew that!", he yelled. "I liked both of you guys!"

"But whenever she was around you were almost drooling over her!"

"That doesn't justify sleeping with another guy, Wendee!"

"Well, that was before you were doing it with me!"

"Does it matter? There's more to a relationship than sex!"