Warning Sign Part 2

Alex POV:
I'm in complete shock. How the hell did we end up with all of the same classes?!? I can barely tolerate her now so how am I supposed to do this on a daily basis?

"Isn't this cool?", she asks looking at our schedules, then back at me.

"Yeah, and since you're the only one who hasn't gotten to know her, this is the perfect opportunity", Gavin answers before I can. "After all, she is gonna be around us from now on. She's my girlfriend. I think I've really found the one this time."

Did he really just say that? He thinks he's really found "the one"? I thought I was "the one". At least that's what he lead me on to believe before the whole blowout with Chris. Now all of a sudden some childhood friend comes back to town and they suddenly feel as if they liked each other all along? That's bullshit. This isn't a movie. Regardless, if the whole thing with Chris hadn't happened we'd probably be together right now. Whether she was back in town or not. I feel myself heating up and getting red. It wasn't really jealously I was feeling; it was more of anger. I looked up to see Gavin with his arms wrapped around her waist and everyone commenting on how cute they were. That does it.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna go to the bathroom really quick. My stomach isn't feeling that great.", I lie as I turn on my heals in the other direction.

"Want me to come with?", asked Taye.

"No I'll be fine", I say faking a smile.

I get to the bathroom and before I can even make it into a stall, I feel tears start to run down my face. I can't believe this is happening. I don't use this word lightly but I think I love Gavin. It's killing me to see him happy with another girl but at the end of the day, there's nothing I can do about it.
I take out my phone and call Chris. It only takes one ring for him to answer.

C: Hello?
A: Hi Dad
C: Hey darling, how's the first day going?
A: It's going awful and it hasn't even started yet
C: Why? What happened?
A: Gavin said McDonald's is the one for him and I think I love him.
C: What? Who's McDonald's?
A: I meant Wendee!
C: Oh. I see what you did there.
A: And to make matters worse she has all of the same classes as me. At the same time!
C: Get out!
A: I know.
C: So what are you going to do?
A: I don't really know yet but I have senior chill time during 4th block? Do you think you could come get me?
C: Of course!
A: Thanks Dad
C: No problem kiddo. Just remember you're still an amazing person. You're smart, kind, funny, beautiful, and talented. I should know 'coz you take after me.
A: Wow.
C: Try to have a good day. Okay?
A: Okay.
C: Bye. Love you.
A: Love you too.

Believe it or not talking to him really did make me feel better. He helped me to remember that even though I'm not Gavin's I'm still me. And I am a good person. I looked up at the mirror and somewhat smile. I can make it through. I wipe of my tears, while trying my best not to smudge my eyeliner.

I make my way to my English class and Wendee isn't there yet. I decide to take a desk in the back of the room. I put my book bag onto my desk so it shields my face from anyone in front of me. That way she won't be able to see me to try to sit near me.

A few minutes go by and more people begin to come in. I take a quick peek from behind my bag. Still no Wendee. I begin to relax a little when all of a sudden, I hear an annoying high pitched voice that sounds all to familiar. It's her. I begin to put my down but I hear a lot of noise.

"Hey Wendee", says a guy across the room.

"Wendee, girl how ya been?", shouts a girl in the front of the room.

"Wendee! How was your summer?", asks another girl.

What the hell? How did she become "Miss Popular"? This is her first day for crying out loud.

"Alright class, settle down.", the teacher chimes in. "We can ask Ms. Blanchard questions about Gwyneth Paltrow later."

This is all clicking together now. People are interested in Wendee because her dad is dating Gwyneth. That is one of the reasons I told few people about Chris being my dad. I want people to like me for me. Not because of who I'm related to. Wendee on the other hand likes the attention. I'm sure she thrives off of it. Which is OK with me as long as my name is not brought into it.

I snap out of my thoughts to notice the teacher taking attendance.
"Laura Mario?"
"Here"
"Alexa Martin?"
"Here", I answer.

"Hey Alex, you think I can get tickets to your dad's next show?", Walter Bryan asks me from two seats a way.

"Yeah me too?", asks Shanna Sheer

Are you fucking serious. Really Wendee? Really?

A/N: Expect more updates this week. And a happy early gobble gobble day to my friends in the states. In honor of thanksgiving I'm thankful for all of you who enjoy this story that I've been working on for almost 2 years now. So I'm going to be giving by updating a lot this week. This story is gonna get interesting...😏. By the way who saw Coldplay's performance at the AMAs on Sunday. It was their first televised performance in 7 years. They did amazing, it was colorful and there were dancing monkeys. I was describing the performance to one of my friends and she thought I was crazy 😂😂😂. But yeah see ya lata coldplayas (see what I did there) ~ Lexi 💋