The Concert

Saturday
Alex POV:
Today is the day of the concert.I didn't want to look too fancy so I just threw on a grey tank top, blue ripped jeans and my grey toms. I put my hair into a messy bun, grabbed my purse and headed off to Lauren's house.From there, Lauren's brother, Jess, dropped us off at the concert an hour and a half early so we wouldn't be late to the meet and greet and get good spots for the show. I don't know what the deal is but for some reason I feel like something is going to happen. Just something. I can't explain "this something" but I can feel it in my gut. Ya know? Anyways when we got there, there were about 30 people ahead of us waiting in the meet and greet line - but that was okay coz at the end of the day 30 is better than 300! We waited about half an hour longer before the meet and greet began. Then finally 4 very tall and kinda hot guys came out of a room in the back and everyone began to go bezerk.
"See, there he is", Taye smiled as she pointed out a guy with ice blue eyes like mine, blondish brownish hair and a very good sense of style.
"THAT'S CHRIS MARTIN; THE GUY OF MY DREAMS", she continued.
"Martin?", I questioned. Okay this is a little weird he has my last name and my eyes.
"Yea, are you guys related?", Gavin jumped in.
"I have no clue."
"Good evening everybody", Chris started. "Welcome to the meet and greet. We are so excited and can't wait to meet each and everyone one of you. Now let's get things started!"
We had random conversations while waiting in line and after 15 minutes it was our turn to meet the guys.
"Hiya guys", Chris greeted us with a toothy smile.
"OHMYGODICANTBELIVEITSYOU", Taye screams very loud and fast.
"BY THE WAY IM TAYE"
"Nice to meet you love", Chris responded in a gentle voice.
Gavin, Lauren, & Leah introduced themselves as well and I noticed Chris kept looking over at me. It almost felt as if he was checking me out. Isn't he married?
"And what's your name darling?", he looked over at me.
"Alex"
"Ah. What a beautiful name. Is it short for anything?"
"Alexa"
"Um...does your mum's name happen to be Rebecca by any chance?"
Yes...why?"
This conversation is getting awkward...what is happening?
Chris POV:
I knew this girl looked familiar as soon as I saw her. She's my daughter! She has my eyes and a thick British accent.
"I don't want to sound like a creep here...but are your middle names
"Noel & Zoé?", we both said in unison.
"Yes. How did you know that?", Alexa questioned.
"Okay Alexa, this might sound a little weird but I'm your dad."
"WHAT?", her and all her friends screamed at the same time, her friends looking a tad more excited than her.
"Look Alexa, I would really love to explain more of this later so do you and your friends want to see the show from backstage then afterwards we can go out to eat.
"YES!", they all answered except for Alex.
"Alex?"
"I guess, but hold on one second", she said as she whipped out her phone and took off.
Alex POV:
I ran off to a nearby corner and called my mum. This was not happening right now.
After one ring she picked up
"Mum?"
"Yes, dear"
"Is my dad Chris Martin?"
Now thinking about it I never even told her I was going to the concert..
There was an awkward silence between us before she replied
"Who told you that?"
"I did", a voice from behind me answered and sure enough it was Chris.
I handed him the phone and they started going at it. And since my phone is loud I heard all of it.
"Chris why would you..."
"Cause she needed to know"
"I told you I would handle the situation why are you worried..."
"Cause I'm her father and I don't want her thinking I'm a deadbeat dad all of her life when you're the one that pushed me away"
"I only pushed you away because I knew how important the band was to you..."
"But you know fatherhood was more important. You knew that Beck"
"Whatever Chris. What do you want anyway. Alex is moving out in two years and...."
"I want to be the dad to her I never could"
After hearing them argue I honestly felt bad and a little mad. My mom pushed my dad away because his career was starting to launch off. That's bullshit! But the fact that Chris wanted to be there for me all along makes me love him a lot. Even though I barely know him. I also want to do everything I can to get to know him better.
"Okay...bye Beck", he said as he hung up the phone and gave it back to me.
I wrapped my arms around his tight chest as he hugged me back.
"I love you Alex" he looked down at me and grinned.
"I love you too Dad", I responded as our ice blue eyes met very closely.
Chris kissed my forehead and walked away because he did have about 400 more people to meet in an hour.
I met back up with my friends and we chatted it up until the concert started. And I must admit the show was really good. Chris even brought me on stage at the end of the show and introduced me to the crowd as his "long lost daughter"
Maybe this day wasn't too bad after all.....😏

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter...I update this daily so the restaurant part will be tomorrow..also follow me? I follow back I promise 😃