Starbucks & Suprises

Alex POV:

"So are you going with us to the Coldplay concert this Saturday?", my friend Taye asks me with a confused look on her face.

Currently, we were at Starbucks on a Thursday afternoon with a group of friends trying to decide what we were going to do this weekend. Our friend Lauren got 5 tickets & backstage passes to a Coldplay concert that was at the local arena but I honestly didn't know if I wanted to go or not. I mean I like Coldplay but they're not one of my favorite bands. I guess I'll go cause I know Taye is in love with the lead singer and she doesn't want to go without me.

"Sure. Why not?", I reply

"YES!!!!", everybody in the Outsiders screams loudly.

"SHHHHHHH!!!!!",a bunch of whispers from around us chime in.

"Sorry."

Let me explain:

My friends and I refer to ourselves as the outsiders due to the fact that we really don't try hard to fit in and try our bests to stand out. This group consists of Lauren, Taye, Gavin, Leah, Jonsey, and me, of course! Sadly, Jonsey isn't going to get to go to the concert because he has to babysit his brother but we promised we'd bring him and autograph from the band. What's funny though is we all have totally different personalities:

Lauren is the rich, popular, bubbly cheerleader who gets along with everyone. Gavin is the star quarterback for the school's football team. Jonsey is the "bad boy". Leah is the shy quiet one who really doesn't talk to anyone but us and plays the trumpet in the school band. Taye (who's real name is Taylor in case you were wondering!) is the goth girl who wears all black and freaks people out but is one of the nicest people in the world and then you have me. Alexa Noel Zoé Martin ----- Alex for short. I'm just the ordinary one of the group. I'm not like Lauren who's really popular or like Leah who people have no clue who she is. I'm in the middle. I get straight A's and I'm considered the responsible one of the group. I'm 5'6, with dirty blonde hair and baby blue eyes. I am British and Asian because my mum is Asian but grew up in the UK and my dad is British. I was born in Exeter, Devon, England but moved to London after my birth. I lived in London for 7 years then moved here to the US last year when I was 14. My mum and I live in a condo in Pacific Palisades and I am adjusting to the California lifestyle quite well. And don't get me wrong, I love my mum to death but I do wonder about my dad. I've never really had the courage to ask about him. I would just want to know why he left, what he looked like, if he loved me and.....

"ALEX!", Taye snapped as I was spacing out

"What?"

"So we're meeting at Lauren's house and from there her brother will drive us to the concert. K?"

"Okay"