In My Place (Pt. 2)

Chris POV:

I was at home relaxing thinking about what had happened last night. I'll admit maybe I was a little harsh on Phil but I was just trying to parent my child. Just then I heard keys turning in the door. I jumped up, not knowing what to expect. It could be an intruder, or Gwyneth, or maybe even Alex, although she was supposed to be at school.

Alex POV:

I was really hoping he wasn't home because I wasn't prepared on what exactly I would say to him. Taking a deep breath, I turn the key in the lock, to open the door and be greeted by my father with a scared look on his face. He probably wasn't expecting me home this early.

"Alex, why aren't you at school?", he began before Phil could get in. "Phil? What are you doing with her? What's going on-"

"Dad, I know you're mad at the both of us but I really need to talk to you."

"Why couldn't this wait until school was over?"

"Because if it wasn't for Phil, I wouldn't have been here when school was over."

"Alex-"

"Dad, I tried to kill myself."

The harsh look on his face began to soften up. He seemed both confused and sad.

"After what happened with Jonsey, my friends hate me. To make matters worst they set me up. I befriended a girl named Sydney who I thought was cool but turns out she's Wendee's sister. They set her up to be friends with me then betray me to get back at me for what happened to Jonsey. After that, Sydney and them showed up here for Sydney to almost threaten me while they made fun of me. That's what Phil and I were talking about yesterday. Today when I woke up, you weren't home. When I got to school, Wendee told me and everyone at school that you were at her house begging for your real family back and how you didn't love me. Then I felt useless, left school and stood in the middle of the road waiting for a car to hit me." I paused out of breath from talking so fast.

My dad looked horrified but before he could say anything I started again. "Luckily for me, Phil was driving the car that almost hit me-"

"You almost hit my daughter?", he interrupted looking harshly at Phil. I continued.

"But when he realized it was me, he helped me calm down and brought me here."

I stopped talking and looked back at my dad. This time he looked shocked.

There was an awkward silence until he finally spoke up.

"Why would you believe anything that girl says?"

"I don't know.", I said shaking my head. "You weren't here this morning so I thought it made sense."

"Yes, it is true I went to see Gwyneth but Wendee wasn't there when we had our conversation. I went to ask her when Moses and Apple could come over and she began telling me to face the fact that I would never have my real family back."

I was getting it now. Wendee was going off of what Gwyneth told her but she didn't know what had actually happened. And knowing her, she exaggerated the story a lot more. He was just asking when he could spend time with the kids and Gwyneth saw that as wanting "his old family" back. I can't believe I was stupid enough to believe Arby's.

"I also want to let you know that I love you very much and I don't ever want you to think otherwise. I can't believe you tried to kill yourself. No matter how mad I am at you, I still love you. I never want anything bad to happen to you. Now come here," he said holding his arms out.

I go over to him to be meet with one of his warm hugs. I've missed talking to him. He kisses my head and I begin to sob into his navy blue t-shirt. I break our hug to motion over to Phil, who was fake crying behind me.

"Group Hug!", I say telling Phil to get into this.

"I'm sorry, lad", my dad says to Phil. "You've been nothing but great to me for looking out for my daughter."

"It's okay, Chris. You've always been pretty emotional. I'm used to it by now.", Phil jokes trying to make light of the situation.

As all three of us pulled away from the hug, I turn to my dad.

"Dad?"

"Yes sweetie?"

"Can Phil stay with us? I'm sure you still need his help with the album and he already checked out of his hotel."

"Of course. Besides, when he's not helping me with the album he can be helping me with you."

"Thank you dad.", I smile feeling the happiest I've felt in awhile.

"But if you ever leave school again without letting me know, you are so grounded."

"Okay.", I respond looking over at Phil.
"Come on Phil, let me show you to your room."

A/N: OKAY OKAY OKAY SO THE HALF TIME SHOW THOUGH.....IT WAS AMAZING. IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST AND I WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE....ANOTHER THING MY FRIEND TELLS ME THE OTHER DAY SHE TRIED BUYING TWO COLDPLAY TICKETS AND SHE ACCIDENTALLY ORDERED FOUR.... I WANNA GO SO FREAKING BAD BUT SHE'S GOING TO COPENHAGEN (next country over but 6 hour drive) AND I DONT THINK MY MUM WOULD LET ME GO. Okay let me calm down now. In other Coldplay news can we talk about how gorgeous Apple is? She's so pretty. I thought it was so cute when she told Chris don't worry about messing up at the Super Bowl because the worst thing that could happen is he could become a meme. Another thing since the NFL is being bitchy about copyright I can't post the video of the show on here so I'm just gonna post some pictures of Apple.

Fun Fact: although this book is about Chris, Guy is my favorite (even though I obviously adore Chris, I think Will is adorable and I'm starting to develop a crush on Jonny). I thought if I wrote this story about Guy it would be weird for me.

~Lexi 💋