Don't Panic Pt. 2

Alex POV:

When we got home no one was in a good mood. My dad was mad at me and Gwyneth, Gwyneth was mad at herself, I was mad at my "friends", and the kids were mad because they were tired.

"Kids go upstairs and take your showers", my dad sighed as we walked in the door.

"Okay", we all said at once as we started to head towards the stairs.

Just as I was walking towards the stairs, I felt my left arm being grabbed. I turned around to see my dad's ice blue eyes looking into mine.

"Don't think I forgot, missy", he said looking very annoyed. "We'll talk about your punishment later."

I nodded and made my way up the top of the stairs when I realized I left my hand bag in the car. I was about to turn around and get it when I heard the two of them talking.

"Chris? Baby I can-"

"Save it. I suppose that's the same guy who impregnated you right?"

I could hear Gwyneth start to cry and Chris start to get furious.

"Isn't it?.......Well?.....I'm waiting"

Gwyneth sighed. "Yes."

"I knew it."

"No Chris you don't understand-"

"Yeah you're right I don't understand why you would do this. We've been married for 11 years. I thought we would always be faithful to each other. But I guess I was wrong."

"Chris I'm getting an abortion-"

"Do what you want. I don't care anymore. Matter of fact, get out."

"I live here too you know"

"Yeah and I pay more bills than you. So once again, get out"

"If I leave I'm taking my kids with me"

"They're not YOUR kids they're MY kids."

"No they came out of me so they're MY kids. Alex is YOUR kid."

That made Chris awfully quiet.

"Apple? Moses? Let's go", Gwyneth called for them.

"Where are we going?", asked Moses.

"To Grandma's", she replied.

Without saying a word, Apple and Moses came down the stairs obeying her order. Before I knew it, they were gone. Then it was just me and my dad.

He sighed and took a seat on the couch. I sat down next to him. We sat next to each other in an awkward silence before I finally broke the ice.

"Dad? Are you okay?"

"Yes love, I'm fine."

"I'm really sorry."

"No don't be. If it wasn't for you bringing the kids to the party, Moses would've never pointed her out and I never would have caught her in the act."

"Oh...."

"If it helps, I am also going through the worst time of my life right now."

"What do you mean? You're a teenager. This should be one of the best times of your life."

"My friends all hate me. And to top it all off they replaced me."

"Why do you think that?"

"Think? You mean know? Oh yeah because they said it to my face?"

"And why is this so?"

"They're still not over when I went off on you at Mum's funeral."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"So your friends are mad at you because of me?"

"Pretty much."

"Well how about this? Since you helped me I'll help you."

"What do you mean?"

"Exactly what I just said."

"How are you going to help me?"

"You'll see.", he said smirking.

We spent the rest of the night eating pizza and watching movies. Who knew he loved The Notebook?

A/N: Hey guys. I just want to apologize for updating so late. I don't know where everyone is but right now where I am its 12:12 AM. I just write better at night lol 👐🏽. Anyways I'm going to start on the next chapter which should be up either tomorrow or Wednesday and I wanna see who can guess what I'm going to name the next chapter. Hint: it kinda has to do with what Chris is talking about and it's a Coldplay song :) Whoever guesses correctly gets a shoutout 😀
~Lexi 💋