Clocks Pt. 1

Okay I know it seems like I haven't updated in a while BUT here is an update FINALLY! Before you read it though I just want to say thank you guys for 3.43k reads. Like what the-. And there's this really cool quiz on buzzfeed that can determine if you're more like Chris or like Adam Levine. I got Adam Levine and although I like him I wasn't happy....

Alex POV:

After texting Jonsey, I found out there is a girl named Wendee who apparently grew up with him, Gavin, and Taye but ended up moving to Vegas when they were in 5th grade. Taye and her were best friends but Jonsey never liked her. She had a crush on Gavin and Gavin had liked her back. They stayed in contact ever since and she decided to move back here to California with her dad. She and Gavin have been spending a lot of time together and they became an official couple a few weeks ago. I guess things didn't work out with him and Mackenzie...

Anyways since she and Gavin are "a thing" now, she's grown close to Lauren and Leah and even closer to Taye. Jonsey also told me that none of them have even mentioned me. It's as if they've forgotten about me. My plan was just to be straight up and ask them what's up. Jonsey told me that tonight they were going to a bowling party and that would be the perfect time for all of us to talk.

I decided to get ready for the party. I threw on a fancy black spaghetti strap shirt, black jeans, and black and white vans. I put tight curls in my hair and then did my make-up. I lined my eyes, used a little mascara and then added a red lipstick to add a pop of color. The bowling party starts at 8:30 and it was 7:15. I figured I had just enough time to do my nails and then catch the 7:45 bus to the bowling alley, that way I would get there by at least 8:25. I decided on a red nail polish to match with my lip color. Just as I finished unscrewing the top to the nail polish, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in", I say.

Sure enough it was my dad.

"Hey sweetie, you look nice.", he complements me.

"Thank you Daddy."

"Were you planning on going out?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Change of plans kiddo, I need you to watch Apple & Moses."

"What? Why?"

"Because I have a gig tonight and Gwyneth is going on a girl's night with her friends."

"But Dad-"

"Alex there's always tomorrow"

"Dad-"

"Don't Dad me. You're watching them; its final."

I sigh. There was no way I was going to miss this opportunity to make up with my friends.

As soon as my nails are all done and dry, I look at my phone; it's now 7:27. My dad peeks his head around my half opened door.

"I'm leaving now. Okay Alex? I'll be back around 11:30."

"Okay Dad.", I mumbled

"I love you Alex", he says with a huge grin on his face.

Yeah yeah yeah.

As soon as he leaves I start to think about all of my options. It's too late to call a baby sitter because they won't get here in time and I may miss the bus. But then I suddenly remember Chris saying they were good friends with the neighbors The McFarlanes; an elderly couple. That's it! I'll have them watch the kids for a few hours, get back before Chris and Gwyneth and they won't know a thing. Plus they're an EDERLY couple. Old people usually have horrible memory. They won't remember a thing.

"Moses! Apple! You guys are coming with me!", I say coming down the stairs. They were currently downstairs watching tv.

"Where are we going?", asked Apple.

"You guys are going next door to the McFarlanes. I have something extremely important to do. I'll be back soon. You got it?"

Both of them nod.

"Good now let's go."

We walk down our long driveway next door to the McFarlane's house. We finally make it to the steps to the front door. I ring the door bell. No answer. I ring it again....still no answer. I ring it 2 more times. That's when I realized there were no cars in their driveway and all the lights in their house was off. They aren't home. Great. Now I have to take them with me. I turn to them and they look very confused.

"I guess the McFarlanes aren't home. But do you guys want to go bowling?"

"Uh yes!", they both answer in excitement.

I take out my phone and look at the time. It's 7:41. I have to get to the bus stop or I'm going to miss the bus. I'm not sure if I can make it to the stop in 4 minutes but I'm sure as hell gonna try.

"Guys follow me", I say as I take off at full speed. Surprisingly, they are keeping up. We make it to the bus stop with exactly a minute to spare. I take out my phone and look at myself in my front camera. Thank god my make-up still looks fresh and my curls are still holding out.

As I put my phone back in my purse, the bus pulls up. I pay for all 3 of us and we take a seat in the back. It was only us and a girl who looked about my age on the bus so after the bus dropped her off, we got right to the alley with no stops. We made it at 8:20 a little earlier than scheduled but that's okay. I get there just in time to meet up with Jonsey, who was waiting outside for me.

"Hey you", he says pulling me into a hug.

"Aw Alex has a boyfriend", teases Apple as Moses giggles along.

I almost forgot they were here.

"No guys this is actually my best friend Jonsey. Jonsey these are my siblings Apple and Moses. I got stuck baby sitting for the night."

"Hey guys", he says crouching down to make eye contact with them.

"Hi", Apple replies as Moses continues to tease him about being my boyfriend.

Jonsey then turns back to me "I can help you keep an eye on them if you need it", he offers.

I smile in relief. "Thank you so much. Now what are we waiting for let's go", I say pointing towards the entrance. This was going to be one hell of a night....