In My Place

Phil steps out of the car, looking confused.

"Alex?", he asked calmly. "What are you doing?"

I try to look him in the eye but my vision becomes blurry from the tears.
"I...I..."

"Were you trying to hurt yourself?"

I nod slowly looking down at my feet.

"Get in the car. You're coming with me."

I get in the car ashamed with disappointment. I still have rivers coming out of my eyes in addition to the streams of snot now running from my nose.

Phil gets back into the car and turns to me. I was expecting him to yell at me, instead he simply wrapped his arms around my shoulders, while assuring me everything would be okay.

After I calmed down a little, Phil started to drive again.

"What was that about?"

"Well when I woke up this morning, my father wasn't home. When I got to school Wendee told me that Chris went to her house to beg for his real family back and how he wished things could go back to the way they were before I came along. Then she had to go tell everyone that in addition to having no friends, my own dad didn't want me."

"Mhm"

"So then I thought it would be better if I wasn't here anymore...", I choke on my words. "...Like on this earth."

Phil made a sharp turn to park in front of a convenience store. He stopped the car and looked me dead in the eyes. 

"Honey, suicide should never be an option. Yeah, you had a falling out with your friends, but guess what. There are thousands of people in this world. Let alone in this state of California. You can make new friends, friends who won't treat you as badly as they did. However, if you take your own life, you will never know what could of been. Trust me, things may seem bad now but they will get better. As for your father, he loves you a bunch. I'm pretty sure that Wendee girl was just over exaggerating the situation to get a reaction out of you. I think you and Chris just need to talk."

I realized that Phil was so right. I can't believe how it didn't occur to me I could make new friends or that Dunkin Donuts was exaggerating to piss me off.

"Phil, you don't know how much I love you. I didn't even think about it like that. All I could think about was suicide. Which is awful. I'm sorry I brought you into this."

"Alex, you didn't bring me into anything. I brought myself into this the day I agreed to be your godfather.", he joked. "Honestly, I care about your well being. If I didn't, I wouldn't have tried to get to know you. And I would've probably ran over you."

I smiled in relief. Once again this proved my theory that Phil was my Guardian Angel. Just when I was convinced I had absolutely no one, he was here.

"Say, I thought you caught a flight back to England.", I turn to him.

"It's funny you brought that up, 'coz I was actually on my way to the airport."

"Why are you going back home so early?"

"Well I came here to hang out with your father in addition to helping out with the new album.", he began. "But Chris told me they no longer needed my assistance."

I knew he had something to do with it! He must enjoy seeing me miserable.

"I'm sure he didn't mean that.", I try to convince him. "Matter of fact, I think this is the time he needs you the most."

"You think so?"

"Yeah. He's been pretty stressed lately. I also know that he doesn't like to admit when he's wrong but he feels terrible about what happened last night."

"You're absolutely right! But I already checked out of the hotel. Where would I stay?"

"With us. We have 5 extra rooms. 7 if you want to include Moses and Apple's."

"You don't think that would be too much for Chris?"

"I know it won't. He would actually appreciate it."

"How about this?", he says. "I'll stay with you all, only if you two resolve your conflicts.."

"I'll talk to him only if you help me."

"Deal."

A/N: so my account is still hacked and Wattpad isn't doing anything about it lol....not updating anymore until they fix this. The person keeps unpublishing/republishing my "intro" chapter and they changed the cover of this story a few days ago. Yeah

Happy holidays and have a happy new year
~Lexi 💋