Amazing Day (pt. 2)

Alex POV:

Leah. This was obviously another set up. I began to close the door again but the heel of her vans stop me.

"Alex. Please."

"No. Go away."

"Alex, I really need to talk to you."

"Look, I already know that this is another set up. I'm not going to fall for the same mistake again."

"This isn't a set up I swear on my life. Please just hear me out."

I sighed ultimately letting her in. 

I went back over to the couch and she joined me.

"Okay, I know you don't want to talk to me right now but there's a lot you should know.", she began. "What they did to you wasn't okay and I don't mean this time, I mean all the times. If you look back they were basically mad at you for getting to know your dad. First it was because you were spending a lot of time with your dad, then it was because you got mad at him and now it's because you didn't want to hurt Jonsey's feelings so you went out with him. Sure the Jonsey situation wasn't the best thing to do but getting mad at you for wanting to build a relationship with your father? That's fucked up and hella selfish! Shouldn't friends be happy for each other and support one another? I know meeting your biological dad after all these years must've been tough for you in addition to losing your mom so we should've been there for you. I knew everything they did was wrong each time they did it but I never said anything because I wanted to hold on to the friendship. I've been friends with Lauren and Gavin since kindergarten, Taye since 3rd grade and Jonsey since 5th. I can't believe I was afraid to lose a friendship that was never real."

"So you're done with them?", I asked.

"Yup. Me & Lauren were the minute we found out what happened. I've been pretty busy with band practice for the concert coming up so I haven't had much free time. Lauren has a new job and she's been dating this new guy so she's been pretty busy as well. Neither of us were in on the whole Sydney thing because we were so busy. We weren't even there when they came over here." she paused.

I thought about it for a little. I didn't remember seeing either of them in the car that day. It was Jonsey, Taye, Gavin and the sisters. Jonsey's car can only fit 5 people, or 6 if somebody sat on the floor. The floor in Jonsey's car is disgusting and the only person who sits on the floor is Gavin, who was sitting in a seat. It was kinda making sense now.

"After I found out though, I was done. They thought I was being over sensitive and they insisted you deserved everything. I told them I was done with them and that they were all immature then I filled Lauren in on everything once she got off of work. We tried to text you to see if you were okay but we couldn't get through to you. But I just want to say that I'm sorry Alex, for being a follower, for not defending you, for not supporting you, and I really love you as a friend. I hope you can forgive me."

Looking into her eyes, I could tell she was being sincere. She looked vulnerable. I believed her. She's the quiet one and I know it wasn't easy for her to defend me. 

"Come here!", I said pulling her into a hug. "I forgive you!"

"Thank you thank you thank you. I can't apologize enough."

"So you left school to come see me?"

"Yeah, I had senior chill time. But I don't think I'm gonna go back now.", she laughed. 

"Well make yourself at home.", I smiled.

"Why thank you."

We watched more movies while we got to catch up. It was just like old times. I missed Leah more than I thought I had, not gonna lie. In the middle of Ferris Bueller's Day Off she turned to me.

"Oh, I almost forgot. I don't know if this is a good time to tell you this but....."

"But what?", I asked annoyed. 

the others are plotting something against you.", Leah sighed.

I rolled my eyes. They really don't know when to stop, do they?

"What are they doing?", I asked annoyed.

"I don't know exactly but I do know that they're also plotting against me and Laur. I found a note on my locker today that said something along the lines of you'll regret leaving us for her and you and your little friends better watch your backs."

"What the hell?", I snapped. "They're threatening you now?"

"Yeah but it's no big deal honestly", she insisted. "They're just being immature. We're gonna be 18 next year so I don't understand why they're acting like 8 year olds."

"Leah, you don't understand how serious this actually is. A threat is nothing to be taken lightly especially one telling you to watch your back."

"Where are you going with this?', she looked at me confused.

"If they want war, we'll give them war.", I declared. "Text Lauren and tell her to come by after school. We have some shit to take care of."