Love is a Battlefield

Chris POV:

Based on her mood I could tell there was something wrong. I didn't know what is was exactly, but I just knew. Was meeting her family too much to take in or something?

I looked around the restaurant to notice her friend Gavin there with some girl. I knew she liked him. And seeing him with another girl was killing her on the inside.

"Alex, honey switch seats with me", I said hopefully putting her out of her misery. This way she would have her back to Gavin.

Just as we were switching seats, Gavin notices her and calls her over. Well this can't be good.

Alex POV:

"Hey Alex, over here", I turn to see Gavin waving at me with his new girlfriend standing by.

I walk over to him half minded not knowing what the hell I'm getting myself into.

"This is one of my best friends, Alex", he tells the pretty brunette girl.

Right, friend. That's all I'll ever be.

"Alex, this is Tanisha my girlfriend", he explains. "We've been dating for 3 years and our parents think we're mature enough to get married.

MARRIED? WHAT?!??!?

"I was going to tell you guys tomorrow, but I guess I'm telling you early."

"Oh. Then -"

"OH MY GOD! IS YOUR DAD CHRIS MARTIN?", Tanisha rudely cut in.

"Yes but -"

"I'm a huge fan of Coldplay! Can I get an autograph?"

"Don't ask me, ask him"

"Okay", she said running over to my table.

"You have to promise not to tell the crew, got it?"

"Yea I got it, but don't you think you're a little to young to get married?", I paused.

"Yes but it's just I've never felt so passionate about someone in my life as much as I do about Tanisha and I probably never will. There is no better girl in the world for me."

That felt like two stabs to the heart.

"I have to go Gavin.", I said trying to hold back tears.

"Just remember don't tell anyone."

I went back to the table and I could barely eat.

That night I was so frustrated about the whole Gavin situation and the fact that I couldn't tell my friends why I was sad. I ended up getting comfort from Gwyneth and my dad and surprisingly Gwyneth has great advice on guys. We talked all night and she even told me about this one guy who she liked in high school who rejected her and didn't like her until fame. Even Moses and Apple comforted me, drawing me pictures and letting me play games with them. Maybe this whole family game wasn't so bad after all...

Sorry if this chapter was shitty. It was kind of last minute cause Im busy couldn't write all day and I have writer's block. Any suggestions? Btw thanks for 20 reads after 1 week. It's not a lot but enough to inspire me to keep writing 😄

~Lexi 💋