Say Something Pt. 2

*3 Weeks Later*

Chris POV:

Although Alex made me feel like crap, I don't want her to know the car accident was her fault. We might've fought but at the end of the day she's my daughter; I love her unconditionally.

I was finally standing up and walking on my own again but I was still in a lot of pain. I'm just surprised Alex hadn't come to visit me yet. It's the least she can do.

Just then I heard a knock on the door.

"One second", I call as I make my way to the door.

I open the door to find a teary-eyed Alex holding a "get well" card and some balloons.

"Hello", I say gazing into her ice blue eyes that look just like mine.

Tears start to run down her pale face and she looks away from me. I know this was as hard for her as it was for me.

I embraced her in a tight hug.

"I'm sorry dad. I love you.", she whined with her head buried in my chest.

"It's okay, Alex. But I don't except your apology quite yet.", I say pulling away.

"You know the things you said hurt. You don't even know the whole story."

"Yes I do. My mum told me everything. That's why I want to move back in with you."

"Huh?"

Alex POV:

For the past few weeks I'd been living with my mum. Chris has been in the hospital and I haven't been allowed to visit him. My mum claims having him back in my life is a mistake and I should just forget about him. She also said Chris is just going to eventually lose contact with me again and he's not worth my time. I was very curious as to why my mum was so mean towards him so I called my Uncle Chet and he told me the whole story. Apparently she pushed Chris away when Coldplay was getting popular so he could make money and give her half. He wasn't in on her little plan and she also didn't even like him that much. But I guess she didn't expect to be stuck raising me as a single parent for the rest of her life. And get this: she got no money, which made her even more bitter. What a dumb hoe!

Okay, I know she's my mum and it was wrong of me to call her a hoe but still her little plan was so wrong!

After all of that I decided I want nothing to do with her. I explained all of this to Gwyneth and she let me move back in. Now all I have to do is explain this to Chris. I know I fucked up a few weeks ago and if he isn't ready for me to move back in I guess I'm moving in with Lauren.

Chris POV:

Alex explained how she knew about her mum's little scheme and how it wasn't my fault I left.

I remember being a teenager and making mistakes just like she did.

"Sooooo.....",she looked up at me.

"I guess I accept your apology."

"And?"

"You can move back in."

"Good, cause I already did.",she smirked.

"Oh really?"

"Yup"

"What if I had said no?"

"Then I would have moved in with Lauren."

"Well aren't you clever?"

"Yeah, I sure am."

There was an awkward silence before I finally let her in my hospital room. We chatted about everything and it felt like the first time we met all over again. I love Alex, I truly do. I need her in my life and I never wanna lose her again.