Miracles

Alex POV:
It was about 40 minutes until we got to this "secret location." When we pulled up, I was really starting to wonder what was going through Chris' head. It looked as if there was a frog in a suit holding a top hat near the entrance.

"Dad what is-"

"You can ask me questions later", he said cutting me off. "Now come on, let's go.", he said as he parked the car.

I got out of the car and looked around. From the looks of it, it seemed to me we were in Malibu. Or maybe even LA.

I began to follow Chris into this weird looking building. We came across a woman sitting at a desk. I assume Chris had to check in with her but I wasn't really paying attention. We started to walk again, until finally stopping at a room. I couldn't believe my eyes. This room was beautiful. It had beautiful golden wood walls, and two doors that led to two different rooms.

Chris turned to me and smiled. "Alex, welcome to the Henson Recording Studio."

"This place is stunning!", I gasp. "But why exactly are we here?"

"Well me and the band decided we are going to record some of the new album here. We were already recording some new stuff earlier but we are currently taking a break. The guys will be back here a little later.", he paused. "I figured since you're into music I could record you or something until they get back."

Was this really happening? In a matter of a year, I found out he was my dad, now a year later I'm in a famous recording studio with him and I'm about to record a song. This had to be a dream.

"Well???", he asked waving his hand in front of my face.

"Yes!", I say almost shouting. "I can't believe this is happening!"

"Well believe it. What do you want to sing?"

I began to think. Then I had an idea.

"Well I was thinking we could do a duet."

"Alright. What song?"

"Magic?"

Chris looked shocked for a moment. The good kind of shocked.

"Really?", he asked.

"Yeah. Why not?", I shrug.

"Okay. I'm going to record your vocals first. So just put on the headphones and tell me when you're ready."

This was surreal. I'm standing in a recording booth. A real one. Not a makeshift one with books and a microphone like I have.

"Ready?"

"Yeah, I'm ready."

The beat kicks in and I couldn't feel more alive.

"Call it magic, call it true
I call it magic
when I'm with you
And I just got broken, broken into two
Still I call it magic, when I'm next to you"

With every breath I sang, I could feel it in my heart. I know Chris wrote the song about Gwyneth but in my situation, it was about Gavin. I picked the song because I know it was something both me and my father could relate to in the very moment. I was missing Gavin; he was missing Gwyneth. I don't like songs in which I can't feel the connection with. Singing this song, I really felt every last one of the lyrics. It was pretty intense.