Talk Pt. 2

Alex POV:
I didn't know whether I should be mad at Chris for babbling to Gavin about me liking him or if I should investigate further in the fact that he said Gavin bought the lie. Either way, now was not the time. I had to figure out a way to break up with Jonsey that wouldn't make him suspect that it had to do with me liking Gavin. I also had a beautiful red velvet cake that wasn't going to eat itself.

As I snacked on my cake, it finally hit me. I was going to have to tell Jonsey I was a lesbian. That way, once I'd explain to him that I went out with him cuz I didn't want to ruin our friendship, he shouldn't be too hurt. And Gavin won't suspect I like him. Problem solved.

I took out my phone to text him; not to break up with him. I'm not that mean! I instead texted him saying:

"Meet me at my place around 12 for lunch."

I looked up at the clock. It was 10:30. That gave me just enough time to shower, get ready, practice what I was going to say to him, and eat a little more of the cake.

***********

I was sitting down on the couch eating cake and scrolling through Twitter when the doorbell rang. I checked the time again: 12:00 on the dot. I took a deep breath and headed for the door. I had practiced this several times in the shower but I knew it still wouldn't be easy. I opened the door to see Jonsey holding a stuffed teddy bear with a heart on it that read "I love you." This was going to be harder than I thought.

"Hey gorgeous", he embraced me going in for a kiss.

I merely turn his attempt to kiss my lips into a hug. "Not now my dad is here.", I whisper knowing he wasn't. He went to hang out with some guy named Phil for a little bit.

"So we need to talk about something.", I start as I am closing the door behind him.

"Yeah, we do.", he agrees.

What did he mean?

"Me first.", he says actually confusing me.

"Okay. What is it?"

"Well Gavin told me he ran into your Dad today at the store", he begins.

I knew it! I knew there was no way in hell Gavin believed that.

"Look I can-"

"Why didn't you tell your Dad about me and you?", he questions cutting me off.

"I don't know. I just don't know how to.", I lie in relief.

"Oh come on. It can't be that hard. Chris is a pretty cool guy. And didn't you tell him about when you had a crush on Gavin?"

I froze for a second. I didn't know how to respond to this. He had a very good point.

"Uh. .....Well having a crush is one thing. Dating a guy is another. He's gonna turn really strict if he finds out."

Good save Alex. Good save.

"Ah. I get it now.", Jonsey exhales pulling me into a hug. "I am the type of guy no father wants to see his daughter with, so I understand why you don't want to tell him. We'll just have to sneak around."

"But Jonsey-", I try to get him to stop. He was making this harder than I thought it would be.

"Don't worry, I'm used to it. It actually gives me a thrill-"

Just then we are interrupted by the doorbell. Who was it?

I opened the door to see Gavin and Carl's Jr standing there. Why the...

"Hey guys come on in", Jonsey invites them in motioning toward himself standing not too far behind me. Who does he think he is?

"Hey Alex", Gavin says wrapping his arms around me. I'm a sucker for his hugs, I can't even lie. It's just something about the way he hugs me...

"Ahem", Carl's Jr clears her throat. I guess that's her way of saying we've been hugging too long.

I pull out of our hug to glare at her.
"Hi Wendee", I respond to her gesture while faking a smile.

"Hi Alex. Nice house you've got here. I'm sure it costed millions.", she retorts.

"And I'm sure you will be leaving soon", I mutter under my breath.

"What was that?", she asks.

"I'm sure you're right.", I speak up this time.

She looks at Gavin then she looks at me. "Excuse me, where's the rest room?"

You couldn't pee before you came here?

"Down the hall to the right", I answer her trying my hardest not to be rude.

"Jonsey, can I talk to you for a second?", I ask turning to him. He could've at least asked my permission before inviting them over.

"Yeah. What's up?".
Before I can get a word out, he starts to pat himself down. "Do you know what I did with my phone?"

"No."

"Okay hold on sec. I'm gonna go check my car.", he tells me as he grabs his keys and heads for the door.

Once he leaves it's just me and Gavin. I plop down on the couch in front of the telly. Gavin follows after me. I'm about to say something when I feel a pinch in my eye.

"Ouch!", I exclaim. "I think there's something in my eye."

"Let me see.", Gavin demands as we come face to face. His face gets closer to mine and my heart skips a beat. The tips of our noses were practically touching.

That couldn't be a better moment for Chris to come in through the garage.

"See, I told you being honest with him would work.", he asserts, concluding we were kissing.

"What?", Gavin remarks jumping up.

"Yeah, I told you she liked you."

"Dad!", I blurt out feeling my face turn red.

At this point, I figured the universe really had it out for me because both Jonsey and KFC come back into the living room.

"What's going on here?", my father asks confused.