Don't Look Back In Anger (pt. 2)

Quick Note: I know this is an oasis song, but they covered it and the title works for these chapters.

Alex POV:
I heard a knock on our hotel room door and for once I was actually excited to see Gwyneth. I opened the door to find her fiddling with a bunch of bills.

"100, 120, 140, 160. There. €160", she said handing me the money.

"Thanks. Hey Gwyneth, can you come in for one moment please.", I asked sweetly.

"Yeah, what do you need?", she asked as I closed the door behind her.

"First of all, I need you to promise that this situation stays between us.", I said motioning to the girls then back to her.

"You mean like girl talk?"

"Yes, exactly. But it's kinda serious."

"Are one of you guys pregnant?", she paused.

"No. But you're close. Wendee is."

"I knew it!", Gwyneth shouted. "When I was living with her she constantly had guys over. I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to sleep around but you when you have a boyfriend that's a problem."

"You would know right?", I smirked.

"Very funny, Alex. The difference between her and I is I was only sleeping with one guy. She was sleeping with a bunch of guys."

"But cheating is cheating", Leah chimed in. "Either way, you two are both in the wrong for being unfaithful. And you were married."

"Okay, okay", Gwyneth waved her hands in the air. "That's beside the point. The point I was trying to make was I saw this coming. When did she tell you guys?"

"She didn't. We overheard her telling Gavin.", Lauren confessed.

"And how did that go?"

"He didn't believe it was his because she had cheated on him before.", I replied. "But before she told him he sounded like he was about to break up with her. So I'm wondering if she only said that to keep him around."

"Mhm. So where do I come into play?", asked Gwyneth.

"I figure if you sit down and have a one on one conversation with Wendee, she may tell you. Then you can give her a pregnancy test to see if it's true."

"Okay, I've got it. But if you guys dislike her so much why do you guys care?"

"We're really doing this for Gavin.", I sighed. "As horrible as he's treated me, I still care for him and think he deserves to know the truth."

"And what if she's actually pregnant?"

"Then Gavin should take a DNA paternity test once the baby is born.", Lauren answered.

"Alright girls. I'll see what I can do", Gwyneth said before getting up to leave. "This is obviously important to you so I'll talk to her tomorrow."

"Hey Gwyneth", I called to her at the door.

"Yes?"

"Thank you."

****************************************
Gwyneth POV:
Between the shit show at dinner and the information Alex and her friends had told me, last night was complete insanity. I figured by taking Wendee out for breakfast I'd get in everyone's good graces today; it gave Gregg time to himself, Chris time with the kids, and I was getting more information for Alex. Considering the ruckus we caused at the hotel restaurant, I figured we'd go to a local diner.

"So I know I haven't been around as much since your dad and I broke up but I want you to know that I'm still here for you.", I said before taking a bite of my toast.